1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New U.S. postage stamps Muscle Cars

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by need to shoot more, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I stopped at the post office today and picked up Muscle Car stamps, here is what cars they have. 69 Daytona, 67 Shelby, 70 Chevelle ss, 66 GTO very nice color on the stamps.All American baby.

Jim

2. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Isn't the '67 GT Mustang the car Steve McQueen drove in the movie "Bullit"?

4. Dougbbbb

It was a68 gt 390 fastback

Doug

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Not a Shelby.

6. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Thanks.I couldn't remember. It' been at least 30 years since I saw that movie.

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Are you sure that it was not a GT 350? My cousin bought one new and finally sold it last year. I think he got $40,000.00 for it and only paid less than $4000.00. Jackie B.

8. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Post office is losing money. Wouldn't it be fiscally sane to offer only one stamp with the American flag. Would save money in that you don't spend money on plates and printing. Sure everyones got a hobby and they'll spend some money on those stamps but does the post office recover enough in stamps sold to justify the cost of engraving plates and printing? Got to be some reason they are losing money. UPS and FedEx don't sell stamps. ed nichols

9. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

No they don't sell stamps and I hope they never start. The USPS is still an american institution, although a vanishing one. In fifty years or so the mailbox will be a piece of americana like an outhouse. I like it that they can still show some character and put out some cool stamps like these. Bill in northern MI

10. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Lifetime pensions (along with email) are going to kill the Post Office. I haven't mailed a letter in years, yet they pay millions of people everyday not to work (lifetime pensions).

11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

ysr, What other kind of pension is there besides a "lifetime" one? One that only goes for ten years or so? I am one of the millions that are enjoying a "lifetime pension" just like the people that worked at the auto plants and a lot of other places. I don't see GM going under because of pensions. What are you supposed to do, work until you drop? By the way if you don't supplement your "lifetime pension" you aren't going to enjoy a very high standard of living.I provided for my retirement by saving and investing some of that so called easy money. Why does it seem to me that you might be someone with an axe to grind about union labor? The post office is killing itself with inefficient management and nothing more. Bill in northern MI

12. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

Obama dumped the GM pensioners into the public system, health care and all. We are paying for that. Why do you think GM is suddenly profitable? It isn't because the junk they build is any better.

13. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

>>What are you supposed to do, work until you drop?

Just like millions of other Americans, save/invest for YOUR retirement instead of bleeding the government dry.

>>Why does it seem to me that you might be someone with an axe to grind about union labor?

Because as an American I'm not crazy about organizations that live off the fruits of others, much like EVERY communist.

There are only two organizations that say, "do what we want or we'll hurt your business", the mafia and unions.

But the stamps are cool.

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I think they are cool, and would buy some buy back when the Forever stamp was 36 cents each I told my wife to buy a bunch of them as we were using alot in bidness well she did buy a lot $2,000 worth glad she did, better than the .7% you earn at the bank

15. Dougbbbb

The first forever stamp was issued in 2007 and was 41 cents

Doug

16. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

As I said, I haven't bought a stamp in years. My kids probably never have.

The post office is going the way of the dinosaurs and unions. Good riddance to both.

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I mail about 10 pieces of mail per week. All mine have full price stamps on them. (I must be an idiot)
    Well over 1/2 of the mail I receive is junk that pays almost nothing, most of the bills are presorted rate and very few actually have a stamp on it, maybe one in 10 pieces.

The Post office is kind of a mirror of the USA. Over half ride for free, many ride at a reduced rate, very few pay the price that is needed to stay in business. Both business models are seriously flawed, no wonder the Post office and the country are failing.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Doug I was wrong she got them for $.39 each they were to go up to $.41 and she got them before they increased

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.