1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Type Of ShotGun Shell

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jam7k57, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam7k57

jam7k57 TS Member

I was browsing the internet today and watching videos on youtube on shooting at night on a lighted coarse. I found a really cool video where a company has come out with a new shotgun shell that has colored bb's that glow under black lights. The company's name is spectra shot. I went to the website and it turns out they have a shell for hunting as well as clay shooting. I suggest checking it out. I really think this has potential to take off. Here's the website

www.spectrashot.com

Jeremy

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Looks neat, but I don't know any trap ranges where they have black lights. It would be interesting to see if the shot shows up under typical trap field lights.

John

3. claybuster60

claybuster60 TS Member

Looks neat. How much does a box cost? A flat? Will the colored shot be available in 25 pound bags?

Could be very interesting.

Will it last? Who knows!

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Does not look or sound very cost feasible too me. It is however a neat gimic. I can not whats-so-ever see the advantage for hunting anything. What you gonna set up a black light field in the woods,field or swamp before waterfowl/dove hunting? I think someone had a neat idea while smoking some left hand cigs. Its cool but nothing more than another gimic. It will never take off other than maybe at some obscure facility for a trial. Of course this is my opinion.

Matt

5. jhoward

jhoward Member

Well, according to the website, the hunting loads do not glow in the dark. The shot is just colored. Theoretically, if only one person is using that shot, or if everyone is using a different color, it makes it possible to identify who actually hit the bird.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

When I help do a range layout for shot recovery..we tumbled lead shot in sand.. then sawdust.. then cleaned it.. We soaked the shot in Murine eyedrops..and let dry.. We loaded shells with it..We shot during the day.. Night time we went out with a black light and the shot glowed.. easy to do.. if that's what you want..

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Would this possibly get a visual of the shot string?? If the camera was fast enough it seems that it might have possibilities. Hard to tell for sure in the video but seemed to be a group traveling in what I would assume a shot string to look like.

Bob

8. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Cyalume Technologies and Fiocchi Ammunition USA Debut ChemiTracer(R) Shotgun Tracer Ammunition at the 2010 National Sporting Clays Championship

WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Oct. 26, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cyalume Technologies Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB:CYLU) and Fiocchi Ammunition USA will be premiering ChemiTracer®, the world's first non-pyrotechnic shotgun tracer at the 2010 National Sporting Clays Championship (Nationals) event held in San Antonio, TX from October 25-31. ChemiTracer creates a daytime visible trace that travels with the cloud of the shot allowing shooters to instantly determine how to correct their aim.

Produced by the National Sporting Clays Association (NSCA) with 22,000 members representing all 50 states and 10 foreign countries, the six-day event is one of the largest shoots of its kind in the world.

Cyalume and Fiocchi Ammunition USA, a world leader in the field of small-caliber ammunition, entered into a strategic agreement announced on October 4 to develop and market ChemiTracer. The non-toxic, non-flammable, non-incendiary ChemiTracer shotgun shell integrates Cyalume's chemiluminescent light technology into the Fiocchi shotshell to enhance training capabilities for the target shooting enthusiasts while eliminating all of the fire hazards and environmental issues associated with conventional tracer applications.

"As the largest sporting clays association in the world and one of the premier competitive events in the sport, the Nationals is a great venue to unveil ChemiTracer, our innovative shotgun shell tracer," said Derek Dunaway, CEO of Cyalume Technologies. "We are very pleased with the early positive feedback we have received on ChemiTracer from retailers and NSCA members attending the 2010 Hollywood Celebrity Invitational Shoot and we are looking forward to our planned full product launch in early 2011."

Fiocchi will demonstrate the ChemiTracer shotshell at the Nationals on Oct 28-31. Shooters at the Nationals will be able to shoot the ChemiTracer and see it perform first-hand.

"Provides a daytime trace that travels with the cloud of shot as it hits or misses the clay bird".
    "Provides instant feedback to the shooter to correct their aim"
    "Molded from the same polymer used to make the shotgun wad"
    "The ChemiTracer is non-incendiary, non-toxic, and non-energetic"
    "The ChemiTracer is non-corrosive and leaves no residue in barrel"
    "The ChemiTracer is visible out to 60-70 yards"
    "This innovating product enhances shooter academics individually or under formal instruction"
    "Currently, platform supports 12 Guage with 12.7 grains, 3/4 oz 8 shot and muzzle velocity up to 1,300 fps. Good for O/U and semi-auto shotguns".
    "The ChemiTracer will be packaged (10 rounds) in Fiocchi's Canned HEAT line". It will be packed in an oxygen free, inert nitrogen gas atmosphere - dry, no rust, no deterioration, enameled can, inside and out to insulate against electrolysis and prevent rust.

9. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Check out the for sale catagory on this site for this similar post.

Some interesting information on this spammer.

Be sure to check "display deleted messages"

the link is above

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Neil has already called this jerk out! I'll see how long it takes "Jeremy" to delete his post this time.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.