1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new trophies and ATA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I won't mention any names but most shooters know who makes most of the trophies for ATA. I can just see them jumping up and down rubbing their hands together.

Why not get some of the trophies from shops in your home state or town. Most shooters on here have often said it's not how much the trophy is worth but the trophy it's self. Does ATA have to be the supplier?

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Uniformity. The ATA only supplies Championship trophies. Your state association pays for and supplies all others.

Ed Yanchok

3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

If you call some of the rophies the ATA has supplied in the past few years Championship Trophies I want to know what tha others look like. Most of the stuff I have seen is serving trays, 4 box shell carriers ( not shell Bags ) silver dog bowls and some thing that hangs on a holder that I know not what it does. Just to mention a few.

The trophies never change same junk year afer year. Don't these suppliers have new ideas?

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Super bowl rings should be given out for the winner of state events. Cost is about $150 to $350 per ring. Its just as hard to win a state event as it is to win an event at the grand. Medals make a great trophy and can be put in a shadow box.( Beautiful medals are the foundation in the oylmpic trophies)

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I like smsnyder's olympic style metal idea.

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

BK,

You remind me of the guy walking up and down in front of the White House questioning the wisdom of our big government, as if they don't know what they're doing or something! What the hell's wrong with you Barney?

JR

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

smsnyder: Last year's stockholders were allowed to buy superbowl rings for $3,500.00. Considerably less than the rings given the players.

8. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Unloader, that's a terrific idea. Please contact Karla Harrison and arrange a deal to provide them. I bet she'd be thrilled at the opportunity to offer such wonderful trophies.

best...mike

9. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

If you bring up the ring thing do any of you know anyone that bowls? If you roll a perfect 300 game the bowling congress sends you a ring. It looks very similer to the ATA Grand ring, large and heavy. Until a few years ago they gave one for 299 and 298 now if you roll a 299 or 298 you can buy one. I would think there is more money available for that kind of award. The rings are not limited to one, every time you roll a 300 you get a ring.

My son-in-law has a bunch of them, I will get one and have someone down load a picture so you can see one.

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Whats the big deal about what the trophies are? A lot of the consistent winners sell them anyway. They are in the game for the points so why not keep that money (or trophy) and give it on down the line to someone who will appreciate it.

One of the best trophies I have is 5 gold dollars in a little velvet drawstring bag I won at a muzzle loader shoot. It ended up that all of us who were eligible for the trophy were friends and we had a blast shooting for the prize.

If a person participates in an event (regardless of what it is) just for the trophy they are missing out on a lot of fun and are usually in for a lot of disappointment.

P.S. I do like UNLOADERS idea. Something everyone can use and from a local guy.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You can only get 1-300 ring per calendar year, after that they give you wall plaques or certificates with your name, the date, and the center where you bowled the 300 game ... I have 3 rings, and 12 Andy Verapapa 300's, never got a ring for a 299, or a 298 because they probably quit handing them out by the time I started bowling leagues ... I have a friend that I bowl with that had 2-300's back to back, had the first 27 strikes in league play, he got 1-300 ring and a plaque ... He got nothing that said he had back to back 300's ... If you bowl a 300 at a Brunswick Center some of them also give you a "300 Club" Jacket and they are not cheap jackets, I have one of those also ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (USBC 157-39129) ...
    wpt_2008_0303_1347.jpg

12. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Thanks WPT. Even once every year would be nice. My son-in-law has 15 and he was only bowling for about 5 years. Still the ring is something neat.

13. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

In November we gave out turkeys,for December we only gave out one (or maybe 2,what say you Ben) for HOA and it was a big smoked ham.

14. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

smsnyder;

I don't know where you get your information about ring cost's but you are way low. Our state association gives ring's to 1st time team member's and I believe they are in the $600 to $700 dollar range. This is not including the original mold casting.

If the a.t.a supplied rings for all the championship events at state shoots you are looking at a cost of $120,000.00 per year.

Ken

15. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

This picture was taken at the NC State Shoot in 2011. Tom Shelley from Boone NC won his Class Singles Saturday and became the proud owner of what is called a "gun slip"..

FRedmon

16. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

The 300 ring they "give" you in bowling is NOT gold, when I ask how much I had to pay additional to get the gold ring it was over $800.. the Grand Rings I have seen are gold!

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jerry, (Flalagarto)

You are right they are not gold and they cost $67.50 if an individual wants to buy one, so you can imagine what they would cost in quanity ... By the way I priced a solid gold 300 right and they are almost $1200.00 as of about a month ago ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

$1200 a ring... hmmmm...

HEY EARL..

How many rings did you want the state to give away at the shoot?? Singles, Handicap, Doubles.. HAA.. HOA.. what about categories ?? Ladies.. juniors.. that new Sub Vet is going to be pretty grumpy if he/she gets cheated out of a ring.. .

SORRY.. only joking!! couldn't resist..

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Do the rings the same as they do at the Grand. State Champion for Singles, Handicap, Doubles etc. Not many people win these events twice. Oylimpic style medals are also a plus.

20. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hey!Hey! I'll take a gun slip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.