1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Trigger for Browning Citori?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Martinpicker, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Dear folks, asking your advice. I recently purchased an older model (1975) Browning Citori Trap over ts.com and I like the gun very much. But the trigger is very creepy and sloppy. I want to either have the trigger made more crisp or have the trigger mechanism replaced. There is a good Browning certified gunsmith just a short drive away, but what should I ask for? Should I just ask him to take the sloppiness (?) out of the trigger, or should I ask to have the trigger replaced? If I need to replace the trigger, what should I replace it with? (Specific brand or model?) Thanks for your help. Jack

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Your Citori is a Pre Type 1 (see the link), and parts will be hard to find. I don't believe current parts will fit, so you are struck with improving what you have. The gunsmith should be able to make the trigger more crisp.

3. fly

fly Active Member

Laib's in Minnesota does a great job, however the slop will be hard to get out, but they can make your trigger pull very nice. They did a couple of my Brownings several years back.

4. Martinpicker

So is there an afgtermarket trigger assembly or do I just try to improve what I have? Jack

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

No. There is not an aftermarket trigger. Fix the one you have.

6. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I have had two well know gunsmiths try to take the creep or take-up out of the triggers in two different Citoris, both guns having been purchased new within the last 5 years. In each case the trigger came back feeling a little crisper when fired, but with only a slight reduction in take-up.

I understand that eliminating this problem is impossible in a Citori, due to the fact that the take-up is necessary to prevent both barrels from firing at the same time.

I find that it is very easy to include a slight tightening of my finger on the trigger to eliminate the slack as a part of my gun mount procedure - it becomes instinctive after I have fired one or two shells, assuming that I haven't shot that particular gun for a significant length of time.

Ted K.

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

There is no after market replacement trigger.

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I reckin I have been doing things wrong. Never noticed trigger slop or creep or whatever it's called. When ready to shoot just yank back on the trigger and listen to the BANG. And hope to hell the target broke. Is it really important to have a precision rifle trigger on a shotgun?

GneJ

9. Martinpicker

Thanks folks. I knew you guys could give me the straight poop on the true skinny! I may just keep shooting it the way it is. Since I started shooting it I have had several straight boxes from the 16 and shot my first straight box from a handicap position farther back than my ATA position! If it ain't broke....etc. Thanks again, Martinpicker

10. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

go see stu wright. www wrightsgunsmiths.com

11. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Where are you located ?

12. Martinpicker

I am in southwest Missouri, Martinpicker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page