1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Trapshooting Magazine

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapShootingUSAMagazine, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

I’d like to introduce TrapShootingUSA to you, a new magazine from the publishers of ClayShootingUSA. TrapShootingUSA will be dedicated to all aspects of Trapshooting; A.T.A., P.I.T.A., and International Trap disciplines.

TrapShootingUSA as independent voice of Trapshooting will feature an unrivalled mix of news, shoot reports, product information, technical and instructional articles, together with hard hitting opinion in each issue. TrapShootingUSA will be bi-monthly; the first edition is May/June and will be available April 2nd.
    The first issue will feature articles on Ljutic and Beretta, along with a regular column from Leo Harrison III. We will also have regular columns on Gun Tests, Retail Therapy, and Club Call.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Additional information and subscriptions are available at http://www.trapshootingusa.com

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Aside from the $5.32 per issue price being a bit high for an introduction offer, the "send us your ideas" link doesn't work.

Eric

3. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

Eric,

We will get that fixed as soon as possible, thanks for catching it. If you have some suggestions you can email them to me at the address listed above. If you are familiar with ClayShootingUSA you will know the full color, glossy, high quality publication that we are going to produce for Trap. I think we offer great a great value considering our quality and editorial content.

John

4. Ertz

Ertz Member

Just food for thought. If you gave me the first issue free I might be inclined to buy a subscription if I liked it. As it stands I am not going to buy any issues until I can see one first hand.

5. art g

art g Member

I just signed up for a year's subscription. Takes guts to start any new print publication these days!
    Best regards, Art G.

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I agree with above. First issue free and if I like it I subscribe.

7. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

Vern,

The following is a small list of our contributors:

Ljutic article - Al Hague

Regular column with Q&A - Leo Harrison III

Beretta article - Publisher Michael Brunton

Brain Training - Henry Hopking

Dave Holmes

Tom Ceretto

Dana Farrell

Nick Sisley

With regular columns on P.I.T.A and Shooting USA updates.

You can visit the TrapShootingUSA website and click through to ClayShootingUSA and view past articles under the Article Archive on the right side of the page. This will give you some sense of the magazines content and quality. We will also be at the Southwest Grand in San Antonio with the launch issue available.

Thanks to all those who have already subscribed.

John

8. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

We are also sending copies to the major gun clubs and trap associations.

John

9. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

That was a small sample, maybe not a good one on my part. We are always open to folks who want to write articles, email me if you or anyone else are interested.

John

10. cave_canem

cave_canem TS Member

In your first post you mentioned that there would be ATA info as well as PITA... Several posts later, you again mention PITA but not ATA.

Can you give me an idea of the ATA content that will be there? I am very interested in this mag and wish you luck...

Based on what I hear back, I will be subscribing.

Thanks
    -kevin

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you are covering American Trap are you at the Southern Grand? Good place to start putting out some trial Mags. Whoops Trap & Field already doing that. Sorry I will continue to support the only Mag that covers American Trap with live people and has for many years.

If Sportsh?t is for it then it is not a Amer. Trapshooting magazine.

Don

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

New trapshooting Magazine? Oh sure!

Written by skeeters and self-professed experts!!

Curt

13. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

All aspects of Trapshooting including ATA will be covered and our launch will be at the Southwestern Grand in San Antonio. Come and see us and pick up a free copy.

John

14. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

John,
    Good luck with magazine. You have a private message. puablo

15. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I subscribed to "Trap & Field" for a year or two and found it to be totally worthless - a jumble of poorly put together shoot reports and ads. The Clay Shooting USA magazine is a first-class publication - articles, color, photos are high quality. Having compared both publications, I certainly think the quality of the new Trapshooting magazine will be on par with Clay Shooting. I will be subscribing to it. Don't need a "freebie" - my initial subcription will make my decision for the future. Best Regards, Ed

16. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

I too will have to wait and see an issue before subscribing. I currently suscribe to Shotgun Sports, Trap and Field, Shooting Sports and very soon according to my wife the newer Gardens and Guns. This new publication could be great, but at twice the price of each of the above mentioned publications it will have to be something special for me to suscribe to another magazine.

17. Elk guide

Elk guide TS Member

I hope it has less adds than shotgun sports. 3/4 of the page are adds. Stoped my sub. On Target I found to be the best for money and info.

18. FNG

FNG Member

Where will you be located at the Southwestern Grand ?

19. chuckles

chuckles Member

Everything about the magazine, the Publisher, the editor, the contributors is first class all the way, this is bound to be top notch...

It will test the creative abilities of the editor and the writers because ATA Trap is so friggin boring compared to the other shooting sports.....
    but I trust the magazine, editor and writers to bring us something worthy...

Dana Farell is an excellent writer and picture taker for Michigan and the rust belt states, looking forward to his articles ...

Steve Fischer also a big contributor to the Mag is an excellent writer.

Assuming Dana will be covering Michigan's, Mason, MTA, Spring Team shoot, prelude to the Great Lakes Grand shoot.

Good luck to the magazine, it could be a winner....

regards
    Chuck

20. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

clay shooting usa is a great mag. best pictures in the buisness and lets face it we all love to see pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

magazine trap shooting

trapschoothing magazine

trapshootingusa magazine