1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New trap ranges in southern AZ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mcneeley5, Sep 17, 2013.

1. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Two rifle/pistol ranges have added trap and skeet fields in Pima and Cochise county. The Sierra Vista gun club on Highway 90 offers trap shooting on their one field Saturdays. Pima County will have their grand opening of 6 traps and skeet overlays on October 5th. The range is at the county fairgrounds on Houghton Road south of Tucson.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Mike,
    Is this your operation ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

The Sierra Vista range is a mix of many clubs, a very busy set-up. Pima county Parks and Recreation is behind the other. I was pleased to note shooting is alive and well in southern AZ!

4. Tackleman

Tackleman TS Member

Thank you Mike for posting this.

Dennis

5. jmunsell

jmunsell Banned User Banned

Hmmmm, new trap ranges when above they are talking doom and gloom for our sport. I happen to believe the sport is alive and well as long as we keep it that way.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The Pima County club is closer to home than my grocery store is, bout 10 giant steps!! WoooHooo!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there for the """Grand""" American opening of my backyard club!!

HAP

7. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Hal, let us know what their hours of operation are and what days they are open.

Thanks
    jim brown

8. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Not a new club but Globe is adding a second trap field. The house, walkways and machine are in place and hopefully this week the last of the concrete work will be done.

In fact on September 28th they will be holding a doubles marathon. Registered targets for only $25 per hundred. No prizes targets only.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Too bad Phoenix can't seem to get something going. Losing Red Mountain and Litchfield put a serious crimp in shotgun fun there.

There was a rumor of a proposed facility at Ahwatuki, but I never heard any more.

HM

10. jim creighton

jim creighton Member

I plan on spending March & 1/2 april in Maricopa-any of these new places close to their? Thank's Jim

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

At one time there was talk of a new facility to be built in the east valley of Phoenix. Unless you have "free" land I would think it would be very difficult economically to be successful. Great to hear of new ranges coming to AZ as I will be soon also :)

12. halfmile

Trap and skeet said to be available at Buckeye Hills, about 10 miles out on I-10 to the West Of Phoenix.

I seem to remember some discussion here when it was put in, but don't know just what they have there.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was a time we looked at some property out near Buckeye for relocation of the old Phoenix Club ... There wasn't a flat spot any where close and the property itself was all hills, gullys, and washes so the amount of work need to level out even 100 acres would of been astronomical and cost prohibiting ... The last time I was out there they didn't have any trap or skeet fields, but it has been awhile so that may of changed ... The area is off of I-85 west of Phoenix if we are talking the same place ... I might have to wander out there one of these days on my way to Los Algadones, Mexico and take a peek ... If it is the same place its a lot farther west of Phoenix than 10 miles, more like 50 miles ...

I just called out there and they do not have trap and skeet nor are they proposed for a later date ... The facility is between Gila Bend and Buckeye on the west side of I-85, pistol and rifle, besides a Police range ... Thats all there is folks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Two questions, please.

Has there been more progress on the gun club in Flagstaff? .................

...........and why did the old "Beeline" club go across the road to become "Red Mountain"?

15. halfmile

Beeline burned. They rebuilt across the road, and sold later on to tribal interests. But not any more. The place is closed now.
    HM

16. gnusbaum

gnusbaum Member

I WENT TO GLOBE ONCE WILL NEVER GO BACK ONLY THING THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEIR RIFLE RANGE THEIR TAPE RANGE IS VERY ROUGH DONT EVEN HAVE A CHAIR FOR THE SCORE KEEPER AND ONLY SHOOT ONCE A MONTH TUCSIN HERE I COME

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Was Beeline on the Salt River Reservation ground too?

18. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Flagstaff's new range is throwing Trap, Skeet and some Sporting clays now. They have 1 trap completed and open with a skeet overlay, 2 other Trap fields are almost completed, "SHOULD" be done b4 Winter. Although You have to call to make sure there is staff on hand to operate the field.

Globe is under New Management and Jim is a Great Guy to handle things over there.

Dont forget about Ben Avery Clay Target Center in Phoenix, Cooler weather is near and the place is a Shooters Paradise, You can shoot ANYTHING You want there, and Registered ATA shoots are about to get started for the Season, PLUS, unlike some other Shooting Clubs,You aren't required to pay Weeks or Months worth of RV Parking Fee's just to stay for a couple days You only Pay for the ammount of time You wish to stay.

Mark

19. Vickie

Vickie Member

Agree 100% with what az outlaw has said!

20. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

YAC...You must have spoken with an uninformed groundskeeper at the Buckeye club...I shoot trap and an occasional round of skeet the first weekend of every month at this club. I live in Litchfield Park, which is approx. 30 min. from this location also known as Joe Foss Shooting Range. Go to www.joefossrange.com and click on Trap & Skeet for all the info. Next shoot weekend is Oct. 2nd and 3rd from 7AM to Noon. Starting Oct. 23 they'll start at 8:00AM. PM me, maybe we can do one of those days upcoming. By the way, the couple that runs the Trap and Skeet show out there are very nice people and the birds and backdrop are very nice as well...Tim

Search tags for this page

rv parks by joe foss shooting range

shooting range in cochise county

southern az shooting range

trap ranges with rv in west

trap shooting in east tucson az by fairgrounds

trap&skeet ranges in ne az