1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Trap Gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Landcruiser, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landcruiser

Landcruiser TS Member

I am looking for advice in purchasing a trap gun for this coming Spring. I have used Moss, Rem.'s, and SKB, and finally a Browning 425- but I don't know much else of what is out there. I am looking for advice to purchase a trap gun in the $2,500 - $3,500 range. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance for you help.

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

www.gunsunlimitedomaha.com. www.jaquas.com www.indianagunclub.com all good places to shop for a new or used trap gun. i am thinking of buying a browning combo from gunsunlimited or a beretta from joel etchen. don,t have his info. dwain

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

This is a question that can't be answered by anyone but yourself. You seem to have a budget that will enable you to purchase a good quality gun. However, you need to do your homework before making a decision. Shoot as many different brands and types of trap guns as you can in this price range. Once you have narrowed the choices down, I would look for a good used gun. Guns depreciate. Again, you can buy a "quality" used gun for the money you have budgeted. It will hold its value and give you good service. Good Luck in your search. Ed

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I would get/try a cynergy trap combo 3k to 4k

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

For the kind of money you want to spend, you can get a new Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II COMBO - o/u and single barrel - from Joel Etchen. Check them out at the link above.

Ed

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

For $3000.00 you can have 2 guns, both excellent, A 3200 special trap Rem. and a BT99,,
    Problem is (I assume) your a new shooter and I'm sure you don't need release triggers as both of these have,,

7. Ted Busch

Ted Busch TS Member

look into a good ole tm-1

8. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Get yourself a used Ljutic. There's nothing else in that price range that is 1/2 as good.

Buz

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

I would buy a used gun. There are 2 really nice older MX8's for $3000 on this site that are for sale. Later if you want a combo you can buy a single barrel for these guns for about $1200. These older MX8's will out live you.

10. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call me in the morning.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

11. ims041

ims041 TS Member

Just went through it. Know what u mean. I went with used beretta 682 unsingle combo less than $2000 but if you have the coin my father just bought the browning unsingle combo in 32 30.He loves it but he's just the 04 Hawaiian State Doubles Champ.thought Id give him some props there.any how Good Luck with your search.

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Search here prices and pics to go with them.

Rock

Jim

13. trappug

trappug TS Member

Best gun Ive owned for the money.Hands down,beretta silver pigeon II(joel etchen special)combo set.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Get a copy of Trap & Field and look at the Guns Unlimited ad for Browning combos
    You can get the new Browning Un-single combo for $3995

They also have cheaper combos XT Combo $2995 lots of bbl choices.

Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.