1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Trap Field Photos! Scarborough Maine

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapgirlme, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

Here are some photos of our new trap fields! Please join us this weekend for the 117th annual Maine State Trap Shoot!

2. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

Fields 9 through 5

3. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

Fields 1,2 and 3

4. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

Walk in trap house with PatTrap

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Really impressive! Does the Trap base have locators for exact replacement?

6. shotgunczar1

shotgunczar1 TS Member

When will the first shots be fired?

Looks great. . . can't wait!

7. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

The first "official" shots will be Friday 7/20 for the prelim singles. Field 3 will be the practice field and I think it will be open Thursday evening. Correct me if I am wrong about that...

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hey I used to set up my tent in the Shot drop zone of Trap #6!!!!lol

9. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

How about we set you up on old trap 6? I wouldn't want to jinx anything by changing your spot.
    ~Amy

10. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

The photo looks as if the maching is in the exact center of the house. That would be wrong. The machine according to the book should be offset to the elevator side. Left looking out of the house. BTW, Nice fields and houses.
    Lots of luck.

11. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

The traps have not yet been set. I was trying to show the height of the house,not the placement of the trap.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

VERY nicely done! If I may add just one little thing..........putting the table on some big casters would allow shifting it to one side so the fork lift can put the pallet right in the house. That way no one has to hand stack the target boxes.

In my experienc, you don't need the table to be heavily anchored as a pat trap does not move when fired.

We have our skeet houses set up for fork lift, what a joy compared to bucket brigade up the steps, one box at a time.

HM

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

trapgirlme ... do not worry about Klay_buster, he was in so much of a hurry to slam bam and be the expert of the trap world he couldn't even spell machine correctly (maching) the first time in his post.

The place looks awesome but if I might just ask a slight small question in regards to possible even further expansion of the facility unless I have missed them somewhere in the pictures but where are the skeet fields?

14. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

The guys that built the place have it all figured out and under control. Don't worry your pretty little heads. This has been 3 years in the making and they have thought of everything, I promise.
    We have had PatTraps for years and they know how to put them in.
    As far as skeet, who every heard of that? Did you say skirt?
    Joking aside...
    Scarborough Fish and Game also has 5 very nice, new pistol/rifle ranges (25, 50 and 100 yds). A new 600yd rifle range will be put in at the old trap fields as well as 7 IDPA bays. There is 5 stand and a new sporting clays course.
    This facility is/will be top notch and you are welcome to come check it out.
    www.scarfg.org

~Amy

15. tvbill

tvbill TS Member

There used to be 2 skeet fields on the other side of the club where 5 stand now shoots. Constriction of the sporting clays course & 5 stand are now taking place. There was very little interest in skeet at this club & people started in on 5 stand. There is room for expansion of the trap fields in the future & there has been some talk of a couple of combo fields. Expansion will be limited to funds not wetlands as that is not a problem. Everyone who is involued in this project has worked long & hard to get this done. We're going to take a break for awhile & shoot & worry about expansion later. Maine is a beautiful place. Come visit & check out our trap fields. tvbill

16. Kraggybear

Kraggybear TS Member

I am not registered with the ATA, would I still be able to shoot on Sunday?

17. tvbill

tvbill TS Member

Mr Bear....we have a practice trap(field 3)that you can shoot on all day long. There will be some good food there too. tvbill

18. trapgirlme

trapgirlme TS Member

Thanks for the correction on future expansion TVBill :)

19. jimsw

jimsw Member

That has to be the best trapshooting facility in New England. Great job. I live about an hour south, my son is a club member. Looks like I'll have to give it a try ASAP.

20. whatsquadisup?

whatsquadisup? TS Member

Last night we set the lights on fields four and five, so all you night time shoot off freaks can get your shoot on!

To do:

Come join us to be part of the first shoot at a brand new facility

Try your luck in the K80 raffle

Put your order in for one of the custom limited edition Tilden 117th Annual Maine State shoot commemorative buckles.

Eat some great food

Buy a fund raising brick to be a permanent part of the new fields

Eat a lobstah

Sorry to let you down, there will be no wooden paper towel holder engraved with a Radio Shack wood burning pen in the trophy case this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.