1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Trap Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davida, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davida

davida TS Member

New Trap Club on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. After eight years,Katrina,BP Oil Spill and the enviromentalists we are finially ready to go out for membership and hopefully build what we believe to be the finest all around shooting facility in the Country!We will have eight trap fields,five stand,Argintina field,25,000 sguare foot club house complete with restuarant,pro-shop,laser shooting, lounge area and locker rooms. Included in the club-house are an indoor rifle and pistol range as well as an indoor archery range.Outside we will have 100-200-300 yard rifle range, pistol range, swat training building,archery, 3D archery in the woods,swimming pool with change house and workout equipment,tennis courts,cooking areas and RV park.Last but not least we will have a 6,000 square foot training facility with a full time instructor.Please visit our website at www.range53.com.We will be a members only club with the exception of special events and registered shoots. Thanks,David A, Comstock Managing Member

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sweet!!! Good luck and may your membership grow and thrive in the area.

Matt

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Sounds like a very nice club. Can't imagine what the insurance is going to cost. Jon

5. Skeety7

Skeety7 Member

No skeet ???

6. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

No bunker?

7. greta500

greta500 Member

when Harold lived in florida, he would tell us all Abouf this club that you had plans for

CongrAtulations

Greta Cesario.

8. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Congratulations!

All the Best,
    Tom

9. davida

davida TS Member

Went this morning and signed the rent papers for the Mississippi Coast Convention center for the 15th of Dec. membership drive. Nov. 19th we have invited all media with in 150 miles of us to a presentation and pick up their media packets. 10,000 invitations are being mailed plus email blasts all over the state for our event. We will only sell 1000 platium memberships and 2000 other. 562,000 hunting and fishing licenses sold in Mississippi. 125,000 archery shooters in the state. I meet with the top archer tomorrow at the site. We could sell out just with archery members. We will have your answer for you by the first of the year!I am a trap shooter but no way any of this happens with just trap.

10. davida

davida TS Member

I will tell Dad you said hello, he is doing fine. He said I hope you build this before I die, I said I hope I build it before I die!! It has been absolute hell getting this put together, one day when you have 5 or 6 hours I will be glad to share the story.

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

There are 55 registered trap shooters in MS. This club will boost that number, good luck guys! Is this the club Lenny Sawyer was working with?

12. davida

davida TS Member

Less than $40,000.00 a year. Take into consideration the buildings alone are over 30,000 sq.ft. and we are located in hurricane alley. The wind coverage is over half of that price.

13. davida

davida TS Member

Part of the problems and delays we have had are wetlands issues. We have to midigate 3.31 arces for the trap fields. Ratio is 3 to 1 and the cost per credit is $12,000.00. I will do the math for you 3.31x3=9.93x 12,000= $119,160.00 to fill in for the trap fields.Just no room for skeet,not at that price.Had to make a choice and trap shooters won.

14. davida

davida TS Member

See reply to no skeet? Have you priced a bunker trap? How do you make that cash flow?

15. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

So where are you exactly? Biloxi?

16. davida

davida TS Member

Yes this is the one Lenny was involved with. 55 registered trap shooters in the state. This is why rifle, pistol,archery,pro-shop,swimming pool, restuarant, rv park, five stand ect. It will take it all to make it happen.

17. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Would you consider building this in Indiana? We need a new place.

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Congratulations and good luck! It is always good to see one open, rather than one close. This is good news.

19. davida

davida TS Member

Once we get this one under our belt we should talk.

20. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

What are the costs of membership?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.