1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Toy!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by James.c, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James.c

James.c Member

Just picked up my new toy today. fits great and grinds targets. came with 4 briley tubes. early one #142 but since they dont break often the age shouldnt be a problem. from the history i got with the gun its to my understanding it was owned by the hall of famer, Punkin Flock, at one time. thought that was pretty cool.
    jamesc_2010_080650.jpg

jamesc_2010_080651.jpg

2. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

James,

Good purchase!!!!,that gun has some good history along with it!!!!!!.

Sandy Holehouse.

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

I hope you shoot the gun as well as Punkin Flock shot it. Congratulations on your purchase. Tom

4. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

You might consider naming your new toy Punkin. Pretty cool find there.

John

5. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Welcome to the Ljutic clan of shooters which I am proud to say I am one. Fit the gun and you will never look back, except perhaps to pick-up a second Ljutic like I did. With the fast lock times, superb handling and recoil-sucking balanced weight, you're holding probably the finest SBT shotgun ever made, and one made in the good old USA by excellent machinists and design engineers...

Again, congratulations...

6. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

Welcome to the Ljutic clan of shooters which I am proud to say I am one. Fit the gun and you will never look back, except perhaps to pick-up a second Ljutic like I did. With the fast lock times, superb handling and recoil-sucking balanced weight, you're holding probably the finest SBT shotgun ever made, and one made I. The good old USA by excellent machinists and design engineers...

Again, congratulations...

7. James.c

James.c Member

I'll get a barrel sticker that says punkin

8. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Check out the link above to see how good Punkin Flock really was! I hope you shoot that Ljutic as well as she...

Bob

9. James.c

James.c Member

Bob, that exact article came with the gun!

10. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

What a find James. I'd never sell it even if I couldn't shoot it. Punkin and Carl were very special people and left a legacy worth honoring to the sport of trapshooting! Bet Punkin's looking down wishing you the best like the rest of us...

GOOD LUCK

milt

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

James, Pretty cool that you are interested in the history of your gun! Makes me think there is hope! Bill

12. James.c

James.c Member

I thought it was pretty cool. To me it kinda seems like a peice of ATA history. dont think i'll ever sell it though

13. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Last winter at a gun show i was looking through a box of assorted ammo and I came across two Federal champ 11 shells that were marked in gold "Punkin Flock honor shoot". Unfortunately both shells were reloads so the dealer gave them both to me for free.

14. James.c

James.c Member

Whiz-bang, sounds like a cool peice. it'd be interesting to find some original ones

15. GR8Guns

GR8Guns TS Member

JC,

You might consider calling Ms. "Nadine" Ljutic at Ljutic's main office.

Nadine can provide the history behind the gun as to the year it was made and who it was originally made for.

Since it is a 3 digit SN, I suspect it was built in the late 60s.

Is the fore end locked in place by turning a fore end screw or is it a push button.

I believe Ljutic went to the push button for locking the fore end around SN 200.

BE

16. James.c

James.c Member

it is a screw in and i have some history with the gun. i was planning on sending nadine a letter though to find out the full history.

17. James.c

James.c Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

punkin flock trapshooter