1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New to the sport

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BLS, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLS

BLS TS Member

Hello,

My name is Barry Songer and I am new to the sport of trap shooting. I started a few weeks ago at at the request of my wife. (thank you honey). My father in law and son have been shooting for about 6 years and now that the kids are out of college I decided I had the time and money to dedicate to the sport. I LOVE IT!!!! I shot two days and was hooked. I purchased a like new beretta 682 gold combo with a custom wilkinson singles barrel with a release trigger from my father in law. He bought it new, customized it, shot it for a short while and the switched to a kolar.

I have been scouring the internet reading articles and tips tryi g to find information that fits me. I have found alot of good info on this forum and this post is written to thank you all for the knowledge you have shared. I have watched one of phil kiners videos twice and have learned something new each time (good job and thank you Phil).

I am going to the LA state shoot in 3 weeks. That should be fun. Iv'e been to several shoots but
    never to compete. Today i shot 20, 19, 21, 22. My best four rounds iv'e put together so far. I am practicing at the 22 because that is my penalty yardage in Louisiana for having no registered targets recorded.But i'm not concerned with the scores, just tweaking the gun and working on comfortable shooting.

OK, that's all for now. I know this was long winded but I am so geeked up about this new and exiting time in my life. I look forward to shooting with some of you at future events.

God bless and good shooting,

Barry, South Texas
    gig em aggies

2. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Congrats Barry and may you have a long trapshooting career. Most of us fondly remember (those of us that CAN remeber)our first shoots. Stop by these posts often. Use what you can and throw out what doesn't work. But remember, many here talk expert, but the real experts know how to instruct more so than shoot. That's my wisdom for today. And they don't get ANGRY. LOL Have fun.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Welcome. Not that I have to tell you, but be your own man on the line. Everyone has an opinion, they're worth what you paid for them, so value those you trust. Find what works for you and take your shooting to where you want it to go.

Kind regards,

Jay

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Barry, Wecome to the site. Only advice I can give is keep your head on the gun and your eyes on the target. Sounds easy don't it. That's free, any other advice will cost you one way or another. Best of Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.