1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New to site.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by captin_hook, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captin_hook

captin_hook TS Member

Hello, new to the site. I'm addicted to trap. Nice to meet you.

Scott.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

welcome aboard Captin. Lots of good folks on here, enjoy

3. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

Welcome lots of good folks with good information, and lots of blowhards that just waste time, you will learn who is who in time.

John MI

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Welcome. Hope you have thick skin. Do be afraid to say what you feel(don't let some of us intimidate you. We can be hard.).

5. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

Some can be down right _ricks but, boy is it funny at times. On a whole they will get you great info and super advice. Just like setting around the round table at about any gun club. This table is just a little bigger. They are just a great group of guys and gals. Just start asking questions you will find out

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good to have you aboard Captin. What state are you in and where do you normally shoot? I'm sure there are many folks in your area that you will enjoy meeting. Been shooting 11 years and can't tell you how many great friends I've made through my association with this sport. Won't be long before you'll become a member of the "gun of the month club" like many of the rest of us. LOL

Shoot well, shoot often.

Dave

7. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

Pretty easy to get hooked, wasn't it. Just something about the 'bump on the shoulder' and the 'smell of the burned powder' --- try a couple boxes of Federal papers and you'll be overcome with shotgun fever.

8. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Welcome aboard. I have learned so much from reading this board. However, please learn to ignore those that will ridicule you for asking questions that they themselves asked years ago but refuse to remember what it was like to be a newbie that doesnt know everything. Most here are very helpful and truly want to share their experiences to save you the time and frustration that they had to go thru.

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Scott, there is not enough money to BUY the GREAT information you can learn on this site. There are a number of people on this site that will bend over backwards to help someone. Guys like MIA, Barrelbulge,7771,Big-M-Perazzi, cubancigar2000,Rich Bullard,Jim Veta, Clayscoach,bgf, bt100ed And Don't Any of you others get upset because i did NOT mention you. OK--- JUST To Name A VERY Few. I am kinda New Here Also(2years) but these guys on here have HELPED me a Lot. Joe W. joe90t

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Welcome; I have received great information here not only about shooting, but so much about other practical matters from how to clean something to how to fix a computer problem. Also have made at least four wonderful purchases from one expensive gun to hard to find accessories for a gun or two I have. We also try and post things under appropriate categories...like "for sale" under for sale, "off topic" under off topic etc.

Word of caution: Watch for the rare scam seller of stuff. I once wanted some rare Ljutic trigger release parts for an old Ljutic. Somebody from England tried to scam me by wanting a Western Uniion Money Transfer. Beware of those, and, for sure, anythbody wanting a money transfer, Western Uniion Transfer, etc. Ask for a picture for anything you wish to buy unless you can tell or are sure the person is legit.

I also have great appreciation and thanks for and to MIA, Cuban Cigar, and many others for a start...and, of course, for David Van Elgort who patiently runs this site in the first place.

David V. is "one smart dude" and runs and programs "mean databases and a mean website"..."he good!"

Regards,

David
    Los Angeles, California

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Welcome to the TS.com site, where trapshooters are welcome and skeeters

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Trapshooting

Love it

Live it

Shoot it

12. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Captin,

You're gonna love this site,and you can gleen alot of useful information from it. BTW,99% of the members of this site are extremely helpful,and the ones I've met are good folks who you would be glad to associate with.Of course we still have that 1% that just don't have a clue.............,but you'll find out who they are rather quickly.

Battin down the hatches,hang on tight,and get ready for a wild ride.........Theres a storm a brewin'

D.P.Reynolds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.