1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New To Reloading--Help On Long Island

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kaycee, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaycee

kaycee TS Member

An old timer friend of mine gave me a P/W 800C and some bags of shot. I am going to start reloading,but would like to get some help with learning how before I make a serious mistake. Is there any place on LI that offers a calss on reloading? Thanks Kevin

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The best bet is to go to the local club or your favorite and quiz some fellows that are familiar with the P/W 800C. Then ask if any of them would be willing to come to your abode and walk you through the basics and assist in selecting appropriate components. My guess Whiz White on this forum just might be able to aim you at a set of instructions but a friend walking you through it all would still be a really good start. #1, get a good scale, match components to your hull of choice (tapered hulls/tapered wads for example) and enjoy the new hobby....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Get somw reloading manuals and ask Posness for an 800C manual.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Here is a link with just a very basic description, this will help you understand the simple part. There are books and DVD's available like on Amazon, but the best is to have a guru till you getcomfy with it.

HM

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

First thing you need to do is pick-up a good supply of hulls. Most reloaders use the Rem STS hulls and a few will use the Win AA's. Once you know your hull you can pick out the rest of the components that you will use. I personally like Hodgdon's Clay's powder. Its one of the best 12 ga. powders out there. (Clean). If useing Rem hulls use Rem primers, if Win. hulls use Win primers. Wads I like the Claybuster Replacement for the WAA12, or Waa12sl for one oz. loads. Use must use a scale to weight all powder drops and lead drops until you pick the correct bushings for both,with the shop type and powder you pick. Visit Hodgdon.com and find there data for reloading formula's on there site. They make it easy. Do try to find someone at a range to help guide you for the first few shells. Their are alot of different combo's for reloading. NEVER USE A FORMULA THAT YOU DO NOT SEE LISTED. Never use one that someone say's is good for him if you can't find it listed. Try to find, lower chamber pressures to help you narrow you choices. Best of Luck, Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.