1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New to Registered Shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomr1, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomr1

tomr1 Member

I'm brand new to registered shooting. If I go to a shoot and do not know anybody, do I just register on a squad that has an opening or will they assign me to a squad?

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

Welcome to the ATA.

You will be assigned to a squad at most shoots.

Before the day is over, you will have made a few new friends.

3. tomr1

tomr1 Member

Ok, good! I wanted to make sure I didn't need a full squad to shoot. I've joined a league, but it's frustrating because the majority of the time not enough guys show up......I just want to shoot!!!!

4. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

What area will you be shooting in??

There may be a few shooters on this site that shoot there, and can introduce themselves, and "show you the ropes".

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

tomr1-- Yes tell us where you are and you will most likely make new friends in your area before you even go to your 1st registered shoot, they will be glad to have a new friend also I know I'm glad every time I get another friend. They (we) are always glad to help out with our (in my case limited) knowledge. We ALL started just like you and gained experience and knowledge with the help of others. Enjoy your new found interest--addiction-- Good Luck and have FUN. Ross Puls

6. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

Every shoot I've been to has been very welcoming.

FOr soem reason, they're always glad to direct you to where you can sign up and pay! Let someone sitting behind a table know that it's your first registgered shoot, and you'll be all set.

Then....the tough part....remember, they're just the same as all the birds you've broken at your club.....it's not like anyone is paying attention or that it will go on your permanent record!

;-)

Good shooting!

7. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

By all means tell the folks on this site where you will be shooting so you can meet them...good advice.

If you don't mind some more advice from a guy who only got back into ATA shoots this past year, you might consider getting a few of those stick on name tags, write your name on it and "new member" or "new shooter" underneath your name. Then other people will introduce themselves to you and advise you about getting signed up, squadded, etc.

One more thing, you might ask the squadding desk to not start you on post one for a while. You will have enough on your mind without being the squad leader until you get settled in.

Welcome to ATA!!! Martinpicker

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

When you go to the handycap window or table, they will be glad to get you on your way.

Have fun, don't worry.

9. tomr1

tomr1 Member

Thanks for all the great advice! My email address is tomrichardson@basler.com.

I shoot in Southern Illinois, places like Jerseyville, Godfrey, Edwardsville, Highland,and Bunker Hill are a handful of places I plan on shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.