1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New (to me) Win. hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Sailor, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Those are "Silver Bullets". They were the big thing years ago, long before Super Handicaps came out. Pretty good plastic, and should last through several loadings.

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Those are the pre-HS. They are 1 piece compression formed. Those hulls were the standard every one else was compared to, and in my opinion the best hull to reload, until their dies started to wear out and WW seemed to cut corners on the plastic they used. WW decided to go with the HS style hull rather than re-invest in new dies. Remington came out with the STS/Nitros at that time and now those are the best hulls to reload, except the shallow primer pocket some times causes problems.

I thought that those were the first Super Handicap loads.

I have heard people talk about some black shells, can't remember if these were called Super Handicaps. If so then those were the first Super Handicaps.

Jason

3. Hooked

Hooked Member

New gray hulls from WW's Tracker shells.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

What hooked said. These are the hulls from the tracker shells Winchester has come out with. They also come in Orange.