1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New to doubles

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tripod, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

How about a modified choke for doubles on an autoloader. I am using full and I have to be spot on for the first shot. I am thinking about tying it anyway, but Does anyone else do it? Tripod

2. BMC

BMC Member

When I was shooting my 1100 for doubles, I used the mod choke as a nice balance for both shots. Shot several 98s and 99s with it. I've been using mod for the first and lt. full for the second in my O/U but am switching to IC for the first and Mod for the second now. I think your mod will serve you just fine.

3. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

Improved Mod, depending on how fast you take the second bird

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Consider how quickly you hit the first target and then pattern your gun with a couple of your chokes at that distance. I shoot the first bird fast and although I use a LM choke in my old browning citori, I doubt the pattern at 20 - 25 yards is much different with a full choke. This is just a guess on my part as I have never cared enough to gather the empirical data. But I suspect I am right anyway. Myself, I never consider the first shot - you need at least a mod choke for the second target.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Modified is OK if you shoot fast enough to reduce the second bird to smoke when it is centered in the pattern.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.