1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new to ata shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brownie20, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownie20

brownie20 TS Member

what class will i be when i shoot singles, doubles i know are from the 20 yard line

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

brownie....

Your singles class will be determined on the size of the shoot and/or whether or not it is a "Class Shoot".

If it's a small shoot there probably won't be any classes, however, if the club is awarding class trophies, you'll probably be placed in "B" class (unless your known ability is lower/higher).

You'll shoot Doubles from the 16 yd. line and doubles has classes just like singles.

Handicap for an adult male under the age of 65 starts on the 20 yd. line. At a large shoot you may be placed on the 22 yd. line (not enough target penalty).

Again, all this depends on the size of the shoot and the program presented.

Curt

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The rule book says B class for singles, unless the shoot program says different. Handicap is the 20 yard line, unless the program says different. Doubles you will probably get tired waiting around and leave before they start. HMB

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

HMB, have you ever READ the rule book???

Rule V C 1. says " "For 16-yard targets and Doubles, shooter should be placed in three (3) or more classes, according to their established average and/or known ability. A new shooter may be assigned to any class in 16-yards and Doubles events, at the discretion of classification personnel until the shooter establishes his/her known ability."

Nowhere in the rule book does it say that a new shooter must be placed in class B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.