1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New to ATA and shooting at Ohio State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Well-Known Member

I will be shooting for the first time in an ATA event on Tuesday of the Ohio State shoot. What money games will I be able to play and what hcp yardage will I have to shoot. I am not a ringer and would be happy to be in the low to mid 90's from the 20 yd line. I am signed up with my ATA card but work weekends and can't shoot before this event. I can't wait. Any advice would be welcomed.
    Doug

2. Zoltan

Zoltan Member

Here is your answer right from the upcoming Ohio State shoot program.

E. TARGET REQUIREMENTS: Shot during period between September 1, 2007 & June 22, 2009. 16-yard ~ 1000 registered: Penalty - no less than Class B. Handicap ~ 1000 registered: Penalty - minimum 23 yard line. Doubles ~ 500 registered: Penalty - no less than Class B. EXCEPTIONS - Senior Veterans: Handicap penalty yardage is waived for this shoot.

Hope this answers your question.

Roger Edgington
    OSTA NE Zone Director

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Doug- Make sure you check out all the grounds...explore the place. There is a lot to see. Enjoy one of the best run shoots in the country with ever expanding facilities. Oh yea, shoot well also!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo Harrison will be offering a clinic over the weekend before the shoot if you are interested.

5. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

TIP OF THE DAY..............Do not play the money. It would be foolish to play any money on your first Registered shoot, let alone the State Shoot.....Roger

6. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I recommend not to play the options til you understand there mechanics.
    After those words, do as you wish.It's a big boys game.

Joe Woods/Ontario

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Contrary to what the hand-wringers advise, if you really think you can shoot mid-90s, definitely play the Great Eastern purse as you automatically hit it if 95 or better and normally 94 or better! Lewis purse is pot luck with those numbers so you are on your own! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2010 ohio state shoot ata

ata ohio state shoot