1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? New System For Score Keeping.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

We trapshooters are getting older. Yes its True. We are also getting hard of hearing. There is a thread that states that we can't hear the score keeper when they say ready, lost or no target. Lost call seems to be the big one.

What if the scorer had a switch that went to a red light on the back of the trap house that would light up when the shooter lost a target. That way the shooter could see that it was a lost target by the light and not have to hear if it was a lost or not.

Good idea or not? If not then what?

2. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

One of us old guys with a release trigger would smoke that red light before the glass had a chance to get dirty. Might work though.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Would you really want to see a red light on the back of the traphouse from the previous shooter's miss as your lining up to shoot your target?

4. brownk80

brownk80 Member

They could use one of those "razzberry" buzzers.

:)

5. Auctioneer

What would bother you the most? Someone calling LOST or just a red light? If it doesn't go on the back of the house then put it on a stake and put it in the middle between the house and the 16 yard line.

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

I think your idea is excellent - and would love to see it implemented. But I dont see it happening.

7. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Each shooter could have an electrode in his or her back pocket. When a target is lost a small electric shock like a dog collar would tell them they missed. Might make trap shooting a bit more interesting with those folks hopping around the station when they miss! Would make a bad call really bad though.

Bob

8. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Combine the electric prod, a flashing red light, and a PA announcement that "John Doe on Trap 3 - Station 4 just missed another easy Straight Away using 1 ounce of #9 shot with an Improved-Cylinder choke. That is his fourth miss of a Straight Away using his secret formula since the tournament began 15 minutes ago."

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I don't know... I could everyone with epilepsy having a seizure and then we'd really be screwed...

10. Auctioneer

BOB that would be to much fun for a person like myself. LOL. OH I remember that AH. TURN UP THE AMP's. HE HE HE. Lets see him dance. LOL

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Remember last year, my son volunteered to score for one of the league teams. The "captain" of the team asked my kid if, when he was shooting, to not say "Lost", because it was upsetting for him to hear. At first we thought he was joking. He wasn't. This was a grown man of, say 35-40. My son "took it under advisement", and called about seven "lost(s)" on the guy's first round. Amazing what some people want for 5 bucks.

Bob Falfa

12. Whitlash2U

Whitlash2U Member

I like the electronic dog collar idea. If nothing else it would sure wake you up and concentrate on the next bird out!

13. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Add more things for a scorekeeper to do.

Most of them can't keep up with a scoresheet now you want to have them push a button to light a red "Lost" light?

Might work everywhere but Linn Creek!

14. alf174

alf174 Member

Quit missing targets.....problem solved.

15. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

international uses a squeeze bulb horn like a bike horn. I think that would be a great idea as you could hear it and not bother anyone else. I also like the shock collar thing.