1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New style PFS, may need more than max comb offset?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Am really liking my new PFS, but have a question about comb offset. It is a new style and the top rod is already set to allow the max comb offset. I have the standard PFS cheek piece and have adjusted the comb to where it is now at the maximum offset allowed, which is just right. If I gain any additional weight, however, I would need more offset than my PFS is capable of. What alternative would I have in the event I needed more offset and what would the cost be?

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

you may need the new ultimate fit comb.....lets you mount the comb on the right side & gives you lots more offset.....$160 from Vern I think.

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have the Ultimate Comb on my PFS. The comb is to round not letting me get over on the gun. My remedy was to make a comb out of wood that fits me. It mounts on the Ultimate hardware. It works well for me.

4. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

dead on 4 said: "The comb is to round not letting me get over on the gun. My remedy was to make a comb out of wood that fits me"

Did any others of you who have the ultimate fit comb have on your PFS have any trouble getting a good fit with it? I am very close to the point of needing more comb offset than the standard PFS cheek piece will allow. I don't want to order one of the ultimate combs if a lot of you are having trouble getting a good fit with yours.

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I did get an ultimate fit comb from Vern & I still had problems with offset.......when I moved it far enough right to get the proper rib alignment my face was touching the metal below the comb......I gave up for the time being & will be interested in hearing how others solved the problem of off set.

6. thunder

thunder Active Member

Tip the comb at more of an angle may help you out. This way it gives you more of a rollover feel to the comb and also more offset.

7. old tex

old tex TS Member

What thunder said!

8. thunder

thunder Active Member

Tip the comb at more of an angle may help you out. This way it gives you more of a rollover feel to the comb and also more offset.

9. old tex

old tex TS Member

What thunder said!

10. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have the ultimate comb on my gun and my wife trap guns. No problem. Just take your time and set it up right for you.

11. epmn

epmn TS Member

I have the ultimate fit comb and didn't particularly like the black plastic part that came with it. I ended up making a new one that is a couple of inches shorter, a bit smaller in diameter and offset a little. I also added a cutout at the rear so that doesn't run into my earmuffs. Works fine for me now.

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Tractorboy,
    Jim Skeel who sells shot towers on T.S com also listed replacement wood combs for Ultimate comb hardware. E-mail Jim at skeeljc@frontier.com and ask what he has to offer.

Surffer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.