1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New style Perazzi Hammer Spring Question ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doubles Xpert, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

I bought a precision Trigger for my Kolar 2 years ago. It has the new style hammer springs much like the New style Perazzi hammer springs in them. This past week (after some 35,000 shots) i broke a new style Spring. My Question's are these

1) How many of you have had to replace a new style "Precision gold" hammer spring?

2) How many of you have had to replace a "new style" perazzi hammer spring?

3) How many shots did you get out of the new style springs either one?

4) will The new style Perazzi Springs fit in place of the new style Precision gold trigger springs?

The reason I'm asking is that the new style Precision Gold springs cost about $90. The New Style Perazzi Springs are about $45. so I'm curious if the New style Perazzi springs will interchange and are they of the same or comperable quality?

Thanks

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I didn't know that Perazzi has a new spring. Could you fill me in on it? I thought the were still using the same integral stake spring as usual.

3. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

Doubles man.......Jim Coons HAS A NEW STYLE SPRING for the Precision Trigger. It is a much different design. Yes an old style spring broke in my Precision trigger and I can't tell you how many targets shot at (hit or missed) Give Mr Coons a call and he will help you with your spring. This new spring is very different in LOOKS and performance from a perazzi type spring. "run'em"

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Could someone post a picture of a $90 spring? I would like to see what a $90 spring looks like. HMB

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I'm like hmb, I too would like to see a picture of a $90 spring.....

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

DX, the "new" Perazzi spring you are referring to is the aftermarket Perazzi spring that Marcello Guiliani makes. I put a link to his website above. I have no clue if his spring and Jim Coons springs are of the same design.

The installation kit is available here:

http://www.mm-accessory.com/view_corpo_1.php?tipology_id=1&category_id=1&start=15

And as a point of reference, I broke the factory Perazzi spring in my MX 2000 after around 15-17000 rounds from new. That was about 9 months of shooting at that time. Now I just replace them for good measure before I go to the state shoot, less than 10,000 rounds now. When I run out of my factories, I will start using Marcello's springs.

7. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Photo one is of Both Precision Spring and Perazzi Spring side by side perazzi on the bottom.. More later

[​IMG]

8. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Perazzi Spring is the top one

[​IMG]

9. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

This is how the Precision spring fits the gun Note not much slack around the holder pin.

[​IMG]

10. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Here's the Perazzi Spring on the same trigger (note a bit more slack or Looseness around the holder pin..

[​IMG]

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Shortly after Marcello offered his version of an aftermarket Perazzi spring, Precision also adapted the same concept with the stabilizing pin but smaller spring and pin diameter. As seen in the above photo, Marcello's springs have a larger "0" diameter at the springs rear when installed on the Precision trigger assys. smaller pin.

I've used my MGP springs since they first became available and haven't had any problems at all with mine. MGP springs fit either side where P springs must be left or right. I feel that stabilizing leaf springs at the rear cuts down on vibration possibly making those kinds of springs last longer. I like mine and will order some spare MGP springs from Marcello one of these days.

Hap

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

thanks all, I love pictures to tell the story...

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I like the pics too but I think D. Expert needs to look at them again. That top spring is not a Perazzi spring. It's one of Marcello's. The bottom one, I can't tell.

I would want the diameter of the mounting hole a bit larger that the pin's when the spring was lax. When the trigger is cocked the mounting hole gets smaller and "grasps" the mounting pin. Good engineering.

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Barry, the bottom spring is a Precision spring.

Hap

15. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Doesn't it say "Guliani" on the one?

[​IMG]

16. Avaldes

If you had them both in your hand, why did you ask here?

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

They are BOTH Perazzi springs, one is from Marcello in Italy and the other, I have no clue, probably Coons. Perazzi Corp does NOT make these kinds of springs.

Also, the Marcello spring is made to fit Marcello's pins, not Precisions's pin. The latest pin from Marcello is a beautifully designed two-piece pin that is reverse thread screwed together. It comes with a special tool to install and remove. The initail pin was of softer metal and had a clip-on collar, that when once removed was somewhat destroyed, making its continued use questionable.

The Precision pin, I think, is installed in a third hole, at least I believe what they did/do. The Marcello pin simply is inserted in the rear-most hole already in the trigger housing. You can "return to stock" very easily with the Marcello set-up simply by removing the pin and installing the traditional leaf springs.

Take note too, on the much heavier design on the top-front of the spring by Marcello where the Bridle pin rests. This saddle area is twice as thick as any others.

WW

18. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Avaldes: Because I want to Know if Others have broken these types of Springs ? in my Original post I asked if anyone else had broken one of these new style springs and how many shots did it last?

Hap and Rick:

In (MY) picture the Perazzi Spring is the one on the bottom. Ricks photo was rotated to put it on top so that you could read the wording. (I call it a Perazzi Spring because it's from Marcello Guilianni made as a replacment for Perazzi triggers and not the Precision spring)

thanks Guys But I just want to know if anyone else has had a NEW STYLE spring break.... and how long did yours last ?

Thanks

19. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Whiz
    do you think it would be ok to use the Perazzi Spring in the Precision trigger even though the pin is smaller?

They are half the price of Precisions's springs.

Thanks

20. Avaldes

It's all good. I was just saying you had the answer to #4 already. No offense intended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tmx hammer

perazzi universal hammer springs from mm accessories