1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$$ New Style Delrin Rib $$$

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

This week we had a request from a customer to make a delrin add-on rib that was a bit higher than we have ever done. The photos below are the result of the job that we did. The rib was 3/4" tall at the highest point and was cut with a slight taper. The side holes were installed to cut down on the overall weight. With this tall of a rib we did have to install screws in three places to secure the delrin to the existing rib on the barrel. Now that we have done this we can offer a higher profile rib to all of our customers. The rib can be cut with more slope if a higher POI is requested. This solves the problem of getting the head in a more upright position. The cost is $400.00 and delivery is about 5 days. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis DeVault

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view¤t=DelrinRib2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view¤t=DelrinRib4.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dennis,

Great job! There are lots of TM1's and Ljutics that shoot flat that could benefit greatly with this kind of rib. Awesome for bringing an old MX3 or MX8 back into the game, there are thousands of great guns out there that with a bit of Dennis' magic, can once again be super competition guns for a lot less than the new high tech versions.

Looking forward to finding one to do a project on ... might even have one put on my sporting clays gun!

Bob Schultz

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

5 day T.A.T.!

Jeeminy Chrismus! I can remember sending rib projects other places, and waiting a lot longer. Weeks and weeks, going into months.

4. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Trap shooters have been using high ribs for years and after kreighoff came out with the pro sporter I thought this would be a interesting project. My wife has a long neck and has had trouble getting a gun to fit. With all of the praise of Dennis's(jamie) work I decieded to give them a call.
    It looks like they came thru. Can't wait to give it a try.
    Tron has already put a adjustable comb on the gun.
    This is a great forum!

5. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Great looking rib, Dennis.

Rollin

6. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Dennis, Does this rib have a "channel", or "cut-out" running full length, so the delrin rib actually sits over the original rib somewhat? I know that this rib adds some weight overall, and would be in maybe "mere" ounces. But what would a rib style such as this add, in regards to actual weight ? Looks great, and I know you have another winner here. All the best......Rob

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Rob,

Yes, the Delrin has a channel cut in the bottom side to lay over the existing rib on the original barrel. The weight was about 4 onces spread over the entire barrel length. This did not seem to be a problem for the customer. This rib will also weigh more because the customer wanted the POI to stay the same. If it would have been taper down toward the front more for a higher POI, it would have weighted less. Thank you,

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.