1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stuff Wrong with Sparta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

OK, It's in the books. Let's get busy bashing Sparta for next year. I have a few new ones and need your help to make the list complete.

1-It was not hot enough for the whole program. Vandalia averaged hotter temps over the run

2-The pro's didn't win the $100,000 So start belly acheing about the short yardage shooters can't be beat and start now posting lower scores to go back up front.

3-There was not a storm to blow down everything. Lets move to Oklahoma

4-The Rangers didn't lock anybody up. Let's move to London

5-The trap help is getting better. Let's brush up on new lines to get a free target or two.

6-There was more money in the shooters pots this year and the "Pro's" didn't get it all. Lets recomend that we just draw for it next year.

7-There was more grass and trees. Let's move to the Mohavie

2. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ya sayin the rabbits weren't wearing kevlar????????

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Did the Port-O-Lets get any extra ventilation this past week??? Sometimes they need all that they can get!!! LOL Break-em all. Jeff

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Looks like a little fishing expedition here. Good luck catching the big ones.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Take your medicine and go to bed, you will feel better in the morning. HMB

6. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

It was refreshing to not see any constant bashing this year.

Only real problem seemed to be the mistreatment of help thread early on, and that wasn't the fault of the ATA or Sparta.

From what I could tell, this was a good shoot.

Dave in SC

7. dirk

dirk Member

Great shoot with only one complaint. People with golf carts appear to believe that they have every right of way and can drive however and wherever they want.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

With the cost of tires as it is I would be very careful around people with guns. (If I had a golf cart)

HM

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

Dirk you got that one right. They also think the sidewalk in front of the tent vendors is for them not the people walking. I saw lots that made the people get off the concret so they could get through.

10. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

A lot of the fast, reckless cart drivers appeared to be ATA "officials".

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The hot sausage wasn't hot enough.

12. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

It's still in IL..

Rock

Jim

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Dirk - I was at a major sporting tournament where the cart dorks expected the walkers to step into the mud, briars, and poison ivy to make room for them. Some pedestrians made room for them. Some didn't. Some cart dorks resorted to blowing their horns. One behind me only blew their horn once. One that blew it next to a stand with a couple of All Americans shooting got a new one ripped.

Another got stuck in the mud. He didn't haul is fat ass out of the cart and wanted others to give him a push. Last I saw him he was still sitting there. Dunno if he ever got out.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I did NOT hear one person complain about anything. Not one. None. In fact, i heard alot of positive feedback and everybody i talked to said they will be back next year without a doubt. Many said they will be back for the whole program next year.

I do agree the cart thing has issues. Its not everyone with carts but a large group of them.

15. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Matt:

I bought coffee or hot chocolate every day to warm up my hands. It was way to chilly for me.

sissy : )

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Some golf cart operators are rude. However more are not. Same for auto drivers. As a golf cart nut I too saw those breaking the rules. Lets punish the idiots and let the rest of us be. My hot rod cart makes my Grand Grander. The WSCR rocks. jake

17. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine went to the Grand for the first time this year, and when I asked him how he liked it his only negative responses were "the golf cart drivers were really bad. I nearly got hit a couple of times", and "It was really humid and I couldn't get accustomed to it".

18. pdq

pdq Member

What went on in Sparta -- did I miss something?

Pete

19. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Considering the amount of people and the size of the tournament, I honestly have NO complaints. Anyone that does should probably not attend the event again. I do have two wishes though. 1) a shuttle to Wal Mart for those who only have their campers and no transportation and 2)more HOMEMADE PEACH ICE CREAM!

blade819

20. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

There are no airplanes in the background. Maybe they could put Blagogevich's old airplane in the fields out there to make it feel like Vandalia. Hell, he flew from Chicago to Springfield every day on the tax payers dime. That thing has to be worn out. Colonel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.