1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stock & Rib for AL391

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrw17, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrw17

jrw17 Member

I have a Beretta AL 391 Parallel trap that I have been shooting ok but I am not getting the consistent rest on the stock that I would like to get. At this point I am thinking about either a new stock or having an adjustable comb installed and having a new rib installed. I was looking at a replacement composite stock with a soft touch but the gun just doesn’t kick that so I don’t feel that a soft touch is necessary. Any suggestions where I can go?

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I'd take 1 thing at a time.. Tron or Ken Rucker do excellent combs.. adjustable butt plates.. recoil pads..

3. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Pattern board, 13yds, see where gun shoots then adjust stock so gun shoots where your looking. shims, adjustable comb,adjustable butt plates.

If your not getting the consistent rest on the stock,practice,practice,practice your gun mount every day, you can not practice that too much.

Hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have a 391 with an adjustable comb. I had this installed because even with the highest stock shim I could not see over the gun. Rod's Custom did the install,he does great work,it solved my problem. I also have a 390 with Soft Touch's plastic stock and recoil system which has an adjustable comb as part of the package. I thougt the 390 shot soft until I shot the 390 with the Soft Touch, It's like shooting a BB gun, it's great. As far as gun mount is concerned, make certain the comb comes up under your cheek bone every time in lieu of laying your cheek on top of the comb, this should improve your mount.

Surfer

5. BobC

BobC TS Member

I have a plastic Soft Touch stock with plastic forearm to match that is hardly used that you can have cheap if you go in that direction... Bob C at drbobcof@yahoo.com or PM me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.