1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New stock for BT-99 Micro

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ky4some, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ky4some

ky4some Member

I'm considering getting a full size stock for my son's BT-99 Micro on the Browning Growth Insurance program. He has about outgrown the Micro stock. Browning suggests I send the entire gun to them so the stock can be color matched and properly fitted. Is this the best way to handle this?

Mike Kamer

2. mich746

mich746 Member

It may be cost effective and less hassle just to sell and replace with another BT. There are plenty around at a fair prices and if your micro has a 30" barrel you could get a 32" or 34". Just another option............Mich

3. ky4some

ky4some Member

His Micro has a 32" barrel. With the Browning Growth Insurance Program the full size stock is half off retail. Probably couldn't replace this Micro with another BT for the same money as a new stock.

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I just delt with this for my son. I sent his gun to Carey Baron and had the recoil device added. Since you have to cut a stock down anyway its a good way to get it to full size and he will have a nice recoil device also.

5. railman

railman Member

After sending on gun to Browning, I would never send another. Even it was brand new. They lost mine, found mine, lost mine and found it again. At least they found it Nothing but inept.
    '

6. tincanman

tincanman Member

I wonder how long Browning would take to do the swap if you have to send it to them? They are not known for great turnaround times.

Micro's tend to be high demand guns, especially if you are around a group of youth shooters. You might be able to sell it and purchase the next gun for little out of pocket with the stock he needs and not be without a gun for many weeks/months.

7. ky4some

ky4some Member

tincanman - good point. When the other poster mentioned getting a different gun I hadn't thought about it the way you describe. But that may be an option.

8. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

How much is half of retail??.. Better chech all other options.....m

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Agree with Railman - I had a new XT that developed a small crack in the forearm - sent it Browning for warranty repair - it took 5 months. Never again.

Search tags for this page

bt 99 micro stock

bt 99 stock program

is browning micro bt-99 adjustable to full size