1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New stock fitting for an XP100

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are there any stock fitters on here near Pittsburgh that can complete my XP100 stock? It is 90% complete and needs finalized. Thanks, Mike.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

3. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

Dave Bruno Precision Rifles
    919 Kittanning Ave.
    Dayton, PA 16222
    Phone: (814) 257-8089

One of the best,

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Did he have a shop on Rt. 28 in Cheswick? Thanks, Mike.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Mike,

I'd love to see your XP100 and new stock. I'm a T/C Contender guy but always wanted(still want someday) a XP100 in one of the heavy rifle caliber.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Mine is in a light rifle calibre .223. I can send pics if you want them. Mike.

7. kenf

kenf Active Member

bulge,

Two really good guys come to mind. One is Brian Swentoski. He is just outside of Indiana, PA on 422 at the top of Nolo Hill. He does very fine work, and often does the stock work for Dave Bruno.

The second guy is Joel Russo, but he is Harrisburg. Joel creates his own laminated blanks and inlets or a lot of guns, and has done some XP's and Savaga Strykers.

Another guy that is close to Indiana is Jim Peightal in Ernest, PA. He is a bench rest guy who has a stock duplicator and builds in own stuff. I was turned onto Jim from Gene Davis, the 40X guru. I have yet to mett Jim, but he is close to Pittsburgh and I have heard good things about him.

If you're heading this way, let me know, I'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Ken

8. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

I don't know I have never met Dave Bruno, spoken on the phone many times, built 11-12 varmint rifles and 4 XP's for me. I generally send him parts as I get them then he builds the rig. This way here I always have a front slot with him.

Joel builds some nice stocks also, I have a few that Dave has worked with. But Ia m not sure Joel will do stock work unless you buy the stock from him. He does crank out the stocks in short order.

You can not compare the contender to the XP, I have several Contenders but the one that always shined was the 6.5 JDJ what a deer sledge hammer, also the 375JDJ. But I am a volume shooter for P dogs with them, that 20 vartarg is unreal tack driver.

I could go on and on about wild cats AHHH

9. 1oz

1oz Member

Here's a new Toy , Remington XP 100 Action has been trued ,lugged, Ed Brown stock , Shilen barrel 14 twist ,6 PPC , .262 neck . Hoping to get out in a month or so to do some hole punching.
    1oz_2008_0303_195.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.