1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***NEW Skeet Machines Needed****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Odawgp, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odawgp

Odawgp TS Member

My local club is looking to replace the 2 winchester machine's currently in use. We are applying for a equipment grant and need to name the machines in which we plan on purchasing. We have looked at Pat trap skeet machines find the $$ hard to swallow. we only throw 1000-1500 targets a month.

I did an internet search and found a club in MN using GP traps, has anyone had any experience with this brand of machine.

http://www.gptraps.com/default.htm

thanks

clint

2. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

Check Pro matic traps you can go auto for about $4000, for both machines

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

only 1500 targets a month? I shoot more than that by myself in the summer LOL. I'd say send your winchesters out for a refurb and call it good, you aren't experiencing enough volume to need hi cap machines (unless you can get free $ through the grant, than go for broke, Beomat and Laporte are good machines, stay away from mattarellis, they were designed for international targets (thinner and smaller in diameter) so they don't throw std american targets well since no compensation was made when they created the american skeet traps). Winchesters in my opinion are the easiest to setup to throw a good target, others will throw as good or SLIGHTLY better, but with alot more maintainence.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

As your going for a grant, get rid of the old winchester machines.

I suggest you ask your question on the skeet section at the link listed.

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/index.php

BTW; I have shot off the PAT Trap skeet machines and they throw an excellent bird and upkeep is minimal. An excellent choice if you already have a PAT Trap.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

We have a pair of LaPorte High capacity Machines for sale. $3500 for the pair. We only put them into service last fall and took them out in the spring when we bought all new NASTA machines.

If you want new machines you might consider NASTA. These are Olympic grade machines and are near bullet proof.

TB

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

TB ... I honestly think that for the price difference of new NASTA machines vs. the LaPorte's that are for sale at Gator in Florida that if they can swing it with the grant and all that the LaPorte's would be a far better deal especially with the amount of targets they throw a month ... $3500 might be much easier to get funding for.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Laportes are nothing but trouble- continual trouble- do not get laportes- particurally used ones but even new ones- horribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pro Matics are not far behind

I would keep what you have- for the volume you throw- they are much superior to the 2 machines above

you can look at GMV superstars

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. clays

clays TS Member

As to your original question, I have a set of GP Skeet machines and they work very well. Just keep them clean and do your regular maintenance. We also have two GP Trap machines and 10 GP Sporting Clays machines.

Give Brent Flemming a call at GP 1-620-394-2341 and he will answer any questions you may have, for the money they are a very good machine.

Clays

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.