1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New SKB models in stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike Battista, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Have at the Silver Dollar new model SKB 85TTRs in 32" / 34" combos (pictured) and 34" unsingle. These have a tapered rib and new recoil pads. HI Grade wood on combos.$3415.00(combos) and $2250.00 (Unsingle).
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mike: How is this gun different than the original 85TSS? Dave

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

YES YES YES ... information please ... please information please ... tapered rib? I can see the difference in the butt pad, kind of a more sporting clay type of trap pad which looks and should perform great with a little more rounded top and bottom on the pad but what of this tapered rib? Can we get some more details on the tapered rib? I have looked at the SKB website and they have nothing on this new one yet ... so ... information please ... please information please?

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr 99 ... SKB's had some problems in the past but in the recent they have corrected the errors and are stronger and better than ever.

Mike ... do you have more in stock than what you have listed on your site?

5. Mike Battista

Dave P and Lumper:
    This model, 85TTR, has a tapered rib instead of the standard rib on the 85TSS. The new pad, a Pachmayr XLT, is only available on the SKBs at this time.

99:
    None of my customers have reported any problems of "doubling". I see most of them every weekend.

These three are all of the new ones that I have in stock. Prices reflect SKB increase.

SKB will have these guns to shoot at the Grand.
    Mike Battista

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

SKB increased the price again?

BTW ... I'm having a brain malfunction from winning my State shoot this weekend but tapered rib? My brain aint a workin on that ... tapered as in how?

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just as a thought Mike but to ya'll have any SKB's that aint the high grade wood? Wood dont make the gun shoot any better or help the shooter shoot any better other than to help decrease the gravity effect off the back of his hip from the loss of weight in this wallet from purchasing pretty wood.

Do you have any without the highgrade wood at all?

8. Montagnana2

Montagnana2 TS Member

I'll chime in on the release trigger also. I had a release trigger installed by Glen Hunting (son of Mel) a year and a half ago on the 85TSS I purchased from Mike Battista. After about 8000 rounds there isn't the slightest change or problem with it.

Larry

9. Mike Battista

Right now I have a 85TSS 34" unsingle in standard wood and a 85TRR 34" unsingle with upgraded wood (not Hi Grade but a step above the standard wood) Most of the time I have hard time getting the Hi Grade wood. I get it when ever I can (wood that is).

A tapered rib is wide at the receiver end and tapers down at the muzzle end.

Mike Battista

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

Oh ... now I understand.

Can you also explain ... "Prices reflect SKB increase."

What price increase? When did they go up in price again or is it just on this new type of wood your talking about that has an increased price? This is just my opinion but SKB does make a great bang for the buck gun or at least they might have used to ... depending on there pricing increase that you mentioned they are beginning to get pricey and might becoming only be a decent bang for the buck.

11. Mike Battista

Lumper, SKB sends a gun with a cost for it. If it is higher then what I had, the increase is reflected in what I charge.

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

I was just wondering Mike ... with the SKB catalog this year they sent a retail price sheet but that price sheet does not have anything for the mid-grade wood or the new tapered ribs either. I was just wondering if they had raised there MSRP's on the entire line or this gun because of new features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.