1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New SKB 85TTR

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gunsmoke77802, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsmoke77802

gunsmoke77802 TS Member

Does anyone know what the new SKB 85TTR is/or the difference between it and the TSS? I am in the market for a new trap gun and hate to buy a TSS if the TTR is something better because.... Anyone have a hands on comparison?

2. djcuda

djcuda Member

The 85TTR has a tapered rib.You ca also contact Guns Unlimited in Omaha,Ne for more info.They are a SKB distributor.
    Dave

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The SKB 85TRR is the same as the 85TSS except that the rib is tapered with a narrow sight channel down the middle of the rib and the pad has been changed to a softer recoil pad. I have both on my web site. I can send photos of both rib designs side by side for comparison.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212
    Silver Dollar Firearms

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I would bet the recoil pad is thicker but not thick enough. That was the only thing I did not like about my SKB. It had a pretty good punch to it.

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

FYI...

SKB & Rob Johansen are now a stand alone company and is no longer located at Guns Unlimited.

r44u77. The "neat little thing" that moves out the side is a Greener Locking Bolt. One of the best locks in the industry. It's such a good system that Beretta uses it on the DT10 and high end SO's.

SKB has also come out with Deluxe wood. If you can check it out at a dealer.
    Mike has some on his site above.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

johansens company guns unlimited omah

rob johansen omaha skb