1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Shotgun announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ted K., Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

At a joint press conference late yesterday representatives of Johnson Outboards and Sturm Ruger unveiled a joint venture to offer a new line of competition shotguns designed to compete head to head with industry leader Perazzi.

Peter Long, the brand manager for the new joint venture said, "We have studied the market and determined that Perazzi, while highly successful, has narrowly missed the mark when targeting shotgun buyers." Long added, "We at Johnson are convinced that our product hits the target dead center and promises to draw sales away from Perazzi in a way no other shotgun has been able to accomplish."

The new line of shotguns, to be marketed under the name “Big Johnson/SR Shotguns”, will, according to Long, deliver what Perazzi has only promised. "Our research shows that this, a Big Johnson, is what Perazzi buyers are really after."

At the unveiling of the new line yesterday, several current Perazzi owners agreed. "When I bought my Perazzi, what I really needed was a Big Johnson," said one Big Dog. "But I see now that shooting a Perazzi is no substitute for having a Big Johnson."

Manager Long also said that the joint venture would follow the lead of Beretta and cash in on a huge market for shotgun related products. One of the first such products will be an all-weather shooting jacket, the back of which will be embroidered with their new advertising slogan “I have a Big Johnson!”. "We realize that not every guy can have a Big Johnson," said Long, "But image is very important to people. If they don't have a Big Johnson, they at least want to project the image of having one. We expect to market shirts, hats and soft gun cases, each prominently displaying our new slogan.”

Asked if he anticipated Big Johnsons showing up in the hands of Perazzi owners, Long said it was unlikely. "I just don't see the need to have a Perazzi if you have a Big Johnson," he said. "And I can't imagine someone who spends all their resources to acquire a Perazzi having a Big Johnson. I think it boils down to this - A Big Dog either has a Perazzi, or he has a Big Johnson, but he is not likely to have both." "Given the choice," said Long, "I think most guys will opt for the Big Johnson."

Another force driving sales for the company will come from women. A survey of the wives and girlfriends of nearly 1,000 potential shotgun buyers indicates less than 5% would approve of their partner spending $15,000 on a Perazzi. But, when asked if they would be willing to pay the same amount of money to get their partner a Big Johnson, nearly 4 out 5 thought that would be money well spent. Many women also indicated that they would be interested in purchasing accessories displaying a variant of the new slogan – “My boyfriend shoots a Big Johnson!”

One female present at the product unveiling was quoted as saying, "There is no way I will let Lonnie drop 15 grand on another one of those Perazzis, but 15 grand to get him a Big Johnson? Well, that's something we could both enjoy, and it's something he really needs."

Carla Roundheel, service manager of the dealership network now being established, said her mission is to show customers how to enhance their enjoyment of their new Big Johnson. She says "My message is simple - "Keep it up.'"

The joint venture will be traded on the New York stock exchange under the ticker symbol PNSNV.

2. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Now that is funny.

3. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now if the would buy the wood from my company morningwoood.com they would have a morningwoood big Johnson

Doug

4. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

ZGUN -

You're missing something. Read it one more time. Note particularly the ticker symbol.

Ted K.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Having had a Big Johnson for many years I can assure you they don't shoot like or have the recoil of any Perazzi I have ever owned, and then comes the point they are usually only good for two shots after they get old ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

After they get old they use them as starter guns and for dog training since they only shoot blanks.

7. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

They already have a shooting shirt out.

Ken Cerney

gwii_2008_03037.jpg

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

When Hunting with a Big Johnson - remember if it has fur, Plug it.

I have both and appreciate them for what they bring to my otherwise drab life..

9. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

If you have a "Big Johnson then you Do Not Need a Corvette". (old joke)

10. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

The ideal gun would have a Morning Wood Stock on the Big Johnson.

11. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Dodge makes a Big Horn edition truck, I told a buddy if he would have had a BIG Horn, he would'nt have had to buy one! I drive chevys

12. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Carla Roundheels has requested a revision to her quote, and it has now been incorporated into the press release.

Ted K.

13. C-Money

C-Money Member

You will never throw a hot dog down a hallway again if you get a Big Johnson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

big johnson shotgun

big johnson shotguns