1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new shooting style you wont belive it

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by romie, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

I shot with a 23 year old boy that had never shot trap before but his dad wanted him to try it because he said was a great dove shot.first time 16 yard he missed 3 out of first time wobble he only missed 1/25.first time 20 handicap he missed three out of 25,.we got to talking about eye dominance and I find out he is left eye dominant shooting righthand and when he looks down the barrel he sees two barrels meeting at the bead..both eyes wide open, He actually centers the rib.This might be a new idea if you are left eyed and righthanded.Thought I would pass it along Monty

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Monty, you're right; I have a hard time believing it as you describe. Shooters that I know including myself who struggle with cross dominance end up seeing the side of the barrel when the non-dominant eye takes over. Something is going on but it doesn't sound like typical cross dominance.

Robert

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I believe that Brad Dysinger is left-eye dominant and shoots right handed. He said he hunted that way all his life and it's just natural for him to shoot that way.

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I heard Dysinger say the same thing many times over..

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

What I forgot to add was that he shoots with two eyes.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If he sees two barrels..that is called stereo vision where neither eye is dominant...the both see equal...if he were left eye dominant with both eyes open he would still be seeing along the left side of the gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.