1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new shooting glasses recommendations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maka, Jul 1, 2013.

1. maka

maka Member

I know this was covered recently. I tried a search and for some reason it would not work. Any specifics as to focal point, head size, frame size or any other technical info.
    Thanks for any help.

2. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

Call Post 4 optics. I like mine & he will make to your prescription. FYI the man who will talk to is a fellow Trap shooter. Good Shooting

3. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Ditto 1100 RemingtonMan: Just call Mike at Post 4 and he will listen carefully and provide you a set of glasses second to none. Be prepared to provide pupilary distance (provided by your optician or optometrist) as well as Rx information if you require Rx lenses. Based on your information to Mike, he can guide you to tint choices, etc. The Post 4 HD lenses are superb. You may want to view the Post 4 site for more information prior to calling. Lyle

4. brewmaster

brewmaster Member

Never had good luck with perscription shooting glasses from Decot. First clue was when I couldn't read the posted scores with my perscription shooting glasses, but could with my street glasses. Same perscription supplied to both venders. I have been with Post 4 through the last 2 perscription changes and the results have been superb. Forget the others and run to Post 4. As the other posters stated, you will not be sorry.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Whomever you choose, ask them about the availability of this lens brand/type. It's called an "IQ Digital Lens, it is supposed to have a clear "focal point" over the entire lens, not just in the center or a portion of the lens you chose for your style of shooting. I have some on order. The optometrist told me there is an extra charge of $20. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

6. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Give Mike at L&M lenses, he sponsors this site

Scott

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Randolph Engineering - Morgan Optical/Wayne Morgan...

920 West State Street, Olean NY 14760 - 800-594-0175

Lifetime warranty on the frames... multiple styles...

Personally, I would go with either the Classic or Edge and take the biggest lens size possible to best protect the overall orbit of the eye. The Edge will give a slight "edge" in ventilation and the adjustable nose bridge...

If you definitely prefer a more modern style, the XLW is very popular...

Post sale service is tremendous! Been using Wayne for nearly 15 years for myself and my guys and gals at Naperville...

Jay Spitz

8. wlc

wlc Member

Decot has been great to deal with. I've had some unusual requests and they have always gone above and beyond. I would reccomend giving them a call.

9. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I am for Randolph Rangers as well. Morgans have taken excellent care of me! They actually are shooters and know what to look for.

Give Morgans Optical a call or visit the web site.

Jerry Lewis