1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Shooters ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by thrillr89, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thrillr89

thrillr89 Member

Its no wonder attendance is down. We all know the economy is bad, un-employment is out of control, prices are to high, purses are too low,etc.etc. If you were a new guy looking to find a group of people to hang out with, and or shoot with, would you choose to be a Trapshooter? This site has turned into a bashing contest between ourselves. All you have to do is read these threads for the last six months or so...can't we all just get along?? Even a little? Dave

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

For the most part all of the trap shooters I know are all pretty decent guys and that is even considering the fact that most all of them have a minimum of 40 years on me.

3. Hungarian

Hungarian TS Member

Well, I agree, the economy is bad. I joined the ATA but haven't shot in a match yet. Heck I don't even own a shotgun right now. But I keep hanging around here because there are some real nice people on this forum and the bits of information and wisdom about trap shooting I get are great. I was in the US Navy for 6 years and what people say doesn't really affect me.

4. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

I would have to admit that most of the guys I shoot with don't know this amazing website exist and/or doesn't know what a computer is not to mention the world wide web :) I am the youngest shooter at several of the clubs I go to on a weekly basis by 30+ years. On a side note I am 25

5. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

While at the grand a friend lost his wallet with EVERYTHING he had in it and a sizable sum of money. A nice man and his wife found it and took the time to call him and return it to him by mail. There are some very good people that shoot and support each other.

Old addage: People who judge don't matter and people who matter don't judge!

My vote is to overlook the junk and see the good help and encouragement shown here.

6. slodsm

slodsm Member

At 32 I'm a lot younger than everyone I shoot with but since I gave up drag racing and took up trap, I've met some of the nicest people you could hope to call friends and a small minority of jerk offs.

7. perga1

perga1 Active Member

slodsm, I made the same transition but that was 24 years ago. JRM

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Just post more often than the jerks do...that's what I do. Or POST IN ALL CAPS...then you can't hear them.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hey hold it down a little "Recurve". LOL

10. BELGIBOY

BELGIBOY TS Member

I've have got some great help on TS.com when I asked for it. But yeah, sometimes it's like high school with Perazzi's over here. Doesn't really phase me, it makes for some good reading when things are quiet at work.

11. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

I got back into shooting trap a year ago after about a 10 year layoff because of my job and also to introduce my 15 yr. old grandson to this fantastic sport. At the local club we are 2 of the 3 youngest shooters. He's the ONLY JR. shooter and I'm 57. Had an interclub shoot a couple weeks age with a nother team in our county and saw an old guy from the other club for the 1st time in about 10 yrs. He looked like he weighed only 90 lbs.,carried his gun and stool from station to station on the carrier for his oxygen bottle!!! Man, If I ever get to that point????? On a lighter note, I've made some GREAT friendships in the last year with these old farts that are still dedicated to the game! Dave

12. glenns

glenns Member

Just started shooting about 18 months ago. I have not met a nicer bunch of people at every trap club I've been to.

Very happy that I took up trap shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.