1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Shooter

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shaboom, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaboom

shaboom TS Member

Hi,
    I am going trap shooting pretty soon with my boyfriend. This will be my first time trap shooting, so I don't want to embarrass him. I have shot rifles and shot guns before, but they have been at targets, nothing moving. I am a good aim at non-moving targets, but I don't know how I will do with moving targets. If anyone has any helpful advice to give me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Shelly

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Have someone else show you how and then beat him at his own game. :)
    Don

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Shelly ... the first bit of advice I can give is you will not embarrass him unless you shoot better than he on your first time out. Ask your boyfriend for some pointers, he will gladly answer any questions you have and will gladly show you and help you out. Also be sure to watch and see how others shoot and do not worry about it being your first time ... many of the shooters will be more than happy to help you and give you advice at the range.

I could give all sorts of advice but if you have never actually shot trap or at a moving target in my opinion it would be much more confusing than giving/getting advice first hand for the first time while at the range where examples and such can be shown and suggested in person.

Have a great time and just hope that you do not out shoot your boyfriend ... oh yeah ... dont forget one major thing ... be sure to have fun.

4. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Take no pity on him! Just keep the gun moving at a moving target if you want to hit it! Good luck!

5. shaboom

shaboom TS Member

LoL thank you! Shelly

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Oh ... I forgot something.

Trapshooting is a very sacred thing to us men and if he is taking you trap shooting it might be considered one of those steps in your relationship in a very positive direction. It may not matter how well or how bad you shoot because in the unwritten trapshooter relationship bible the next step after bringing the girlfriend trapshooting is the proverbial ... well ... never mind ... how long have you been dating and has any serious relationship topics been discussed?

7. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Good luck Shelly and enjoy!! Steve

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Line up the beads look over the trap house and call pull, focus on the target and never look directly at anything but the target. The rest is usually automatic if yoou don't think about it too much. Joe Goldberg

9. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

No "aiming" is allowed....

10. shaboom

shaboom TS Member

We have been together for a year; he's discussed marriage. We love each other very much. He has taken me huntinig before too. That was fun but we didn't get anything lol.

11. fresnotrpshooter

fresnotrpshooter TS Member

shell, when we go this weekend i wont be embarassed with you out there, im happy that we have one more thing to do together, now we ur christmas present all fitted for yea with a nice recoil pad u have all you need to progress at this sport, and yea my dad and i will be glad to give yea all the advice u need, just dont be shy the more u practice the better you will be, love yea
    adam

12. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Shelly......Forgive us! We don't get that many female posters and these guys tend to go ape..........Be considerate and humor them! They are real animals! Thanks!

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Uh oh ... as I expected ... this is a very big step in your relationship if he is taking you trapshooting. I strongly suggest you listen intently to everything he says and question him on everything anyone else at the range may tell you. Chances are ... per the yet to be written trapshooter relationship bible within the next couple of steps of the relationship ... well ... no matter what do not outshoot him until the next chapter of the bible is reached and the ring has been given.

Good luck and have fun ... that is whats its really all about.

14. shaboom

shaboom TS Member

fresnotrpshooter,
    Thanks for the advice boo. I love you.

15. shaboom

shaboom TS Member

lumper
    You provide really good advice. :) Thank you

16. shaboom

shaboom TS Member

Hipshot 3
    Ok thank you. lol

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

Your welcome.

18. fresnotrpshooter

fresnotrpshooter TS Member

does anybody know where i can get a thumbhole stock w/ and adjustable comb for a bt-99? thanks
    adam (shelly's boyfriend)

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

Adam ... a thumbhole is considered a ring but that is still a couple of chapters away in the book but if you want to rush it this is the place to be asking and no matter what, do not tell let her know the reason the book gives for adjustable combs ... unless of course your willing to give the freedom of total adjustability which is definitely in the chapter before the thumbhole stock.

20. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Shelly, shoot where it's going not where it is. Adam can explain that. JRM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.