1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New shooter with stock fitting issues

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bubba, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Member

A new shooter at a local club is having trouble getting a gun that fits correctly. His main problem is finding a gun with a stock that will allow him to line up the beads. He also complains that it feels like the stock slaps him each time he pulls the trigger.

A picture is attached, so maybe someone will have an answer. With the shooting sport down in participation, any new shooter needs all the help and encouragement they can get.

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

He must be pointing the shotgun in the wrong direction??

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I wonder what he looked like before he prettied himself up? ;)

Hauxfan!

4. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

one of them PFS' ought to do the trick

5. Juno

Juno TS Member

Bubba, they let you shoot looking like that? Advice: Move somewhere where it's really, and I mean really cold. Shoot only in the winter. Always wear a double knitted ski mask.

6. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

LOL, N J Bob....................

7. Rogiena

Rogiena Member

Hello
    Don't know if any of this will be revelant but here goes anyway. I have been shooting for about 7 years now and lining up the beads was a major issue when I first began shooting. Now I have a PFS but before I got that I had a regular factory stock. Started with an adjustable butt plate on the gun and had an adjustable comb on the gun. Had to offset the Comb by 5/8 inch to the left (I am left handed) that worked really well as long as I mounted the gun correctly. when I upgraded I purchased a raw stock and custom made it to my specs. after all that I got the PFS and that is the greatest of all but a little pricy for a new shooter.

Ro

8. Juno

Juno TS Member

Ro, no disrespect, but are you serious?? Because this thread isn't. No, your post is not relevant to this thread.<br>

Juno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.