1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new shooter w/ blurry right eye-- help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i have a new shooter who hangs on the back of the stock- after questioning him on head position, he stated that he needs to hang back, due to a blurry right eye and tries to line up his good left eye, he is shootig right handed! he said he cant shoot left handed , as it feels way too awkward!! i also slid the comb way to the right , to help him which didnt seem to make any effect in scores---what do i tell him ???

2. Beni

Beni Member

I know a guy that hurt his right eye,right handed shooterand built a rib extension to the left to line up left eye and shoot right handed. He shoots it great Beni

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I have the same problem. My right eye is my weak eye and I am now developing a cataract in it but I am right handed. I learned to shoot lefty. A few hundred
    shells and he'll get used to it. Bulge.

4. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Look up Don Carry he has a device for just such a occation. Don Advertises in Trap and Field I think. Post-2

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Which is his master eye? I think that creates your starting point in how to help him.

6. acss

i have a new shooter who hangs on the back of the stock- after questioning him on head position, he stated that he needs to hang back, due to a blurry right eye and tries to line up his good left eye, he is shootig right handed! he said he cant shoot left handed , as it feels way too awkward!! i also slid the comb way to the right , to help him which didnt seem to make any effect in scores---what do i tell him ???

7. Beni

Beni Member

I know a guy that hurt his right eye,right handed shooterand built a rib extension to the left to line up left eye and shoot right handed. He shoots it great Beni

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I have the same problem. My right eye is my weak eye and I am now developing a cataract in it but I am right handed. I learned to shoot lefty. A few hundred
    shells and he'll get used to it. Bulge.

9. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

Look up Don Carry he has a device for just such a occation. Don Advertises in Trap and Field I think. Post-2

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Which is his master eye? I think that creates your starting point in how to help him.

11. acss

good point--

12. crackshot

crackshot Member

He wear glasses? If not he may need them and problem solved...Dave

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

My right eye has been getting blurry and on my yearly diabetic exam I found out that a catrcat has been developing. That is the symptom of a cataract,blurry eyes. As his friend you may want to suggest that he sees his eye doctor just to make sure that is not his problem. They are common after age 55. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.