1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new shooter safety

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishkiller, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishkiller

fishkiller Member

I have some questions about how clubs around the country are handling new members and guests. I am a member on the safety commitee for my club. Our group is working on coming up with a policy to handle how we deal with new shooters. Presently the person working the counter goes thru a list with the basic rules,muzzle control,action open when not shooting,one shell at a time,etc.Then we have them sign off on a paper that they understand and will abide by these rules.After going thru this with the new people they are taken out to shoot supervised by one of the club personel or a member that doesn,t mind helping out. Our commitee will greatly appreciate any input.
    Thank You,Mike

2. fishkiller

fishkiller Member

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have a good plan, always SAFETY FIRST. Most newbees want to do things right & be accepted by everybody, as I said most there's always that ONE,we just have to very careful around the inexperienced. Ross

4. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

e-mail sent

John Semprini

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mike:

What you're doing is perfectly fine and sufficient. Make sure those who have intitial contact with new shooters try put forth a "fun and friendly" attitude and I'm sure you'll gain a lot of new members.

Good luck to you.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.