1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW SHOOTER RULES?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootinbubba, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootinbubba

trapshootinbubba Member

Does anyone know if the new shooter class is for one shoot or your first year or just what are the rules ,if any on the new shooter class or is it a complimentary class for beginners that clubs have but isnt reconized anywhere else?

2. Ed in MD

Ed in MD TS Member

bubba,

I entered my first ATA singles event on 5/16/10. Because I had no record of any kind, I was placed in class B. I shot an 80/100. Next event entered was on 5/22 and I was placed in class D because my "average" was 80. I shot a 95/100. Next event I entered I was placed in class D because my average was 87.5. I shot an 87/100. Next event, class D again; average was 87.33. I shot a 95/100. Average now was up to 89.25 which put me in class C for the next. This time I shot an 88/100. So now my average is 89, and I'll be in class C next time.

With no previous record or "known ability" your average will determine your class, no matter how few, or many times you've shot.

It would be REALLY good if you could get your hands on a rulebook.

Hope this helps.

Ed Wenrich

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You should be in "B" class until you've established an average. Usually a 1000 targets.

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I don't think he is asking about B Class etc. The "new shooter" classification you are asking about is probably as you already guessed: just something management of that shoot put in place for new shooters. It is not something that you will find at most shoots.

5. Ed in MD

Ed in MD TS Member

Got it. Sorry. I guess I'd need to see the program. What I described is my experience with ATA registration for my first five shoots.

E

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Or just download the rule book from the ATA website.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

trapshootinbubba- Some clubs will add a special novice class. Clubs are free to add any categories they wish. The novice class is for only that single shoot.

Pat Ireland

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Pat I thought that the rulebook said that if a club wishes to use a different classification they can. All that is necessary is to put the class system in the program of the shoot.

Page 21 of the current rulebook Section C Classification sub paragraph 4

Bob Lawless

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- I think that is what I said using different terms.

Pat Ireland

10. ivanhoe

Well Pat I think the last sentence worded the way you have it is a bit deceiving.

Bob Lawless

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- I think that is what I said using different terms.

Pat Ireland

12. ivanhoe

Well Pat I think the last sentence worded the way you have it is a bit deceiving.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.