1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New shooter on board

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet100, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I am mostly a skeet shooter but I shoot a little unregistered trap too. Hope you all will let a fellow shotgunner on board? I have been reading for a few days and I see a lot of posts that apply to shooters and shotgunners in general.

I have been shooting many years. I have a teenage son that shoots with me most all of the time. I have been a member on shooting forums since around 2001. I do a fair amount of INTERNET reading, not much on TV. Family comes first and then I love to shoot, and mostly shotguns. I have shot shell reloading experience,and some metallic shooting and reloading experience too.

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Welcome aboard......please take off your pink skirt and tutu before you read/comment on this forum. Trapshooters are a little leary of guys in those outfits..

All joking aside, Welcome!

Forrest

3. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Yea, I noticed it gets a little "strong" on here at times. Seen my share of that too.

Thanks.

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

skeet100

No need to explain so much because as far as im concerned you are more than welcomed on here but as I think you know most needs to be a little thicked skinned on here so if something someone reply's back to you don't sound as it should then don't worry about it because the next day the same poster might give you ellecent advice so jump right in and get your feet wet im sure some of the answers you want to know has ben answered before but we likem to answer them again also there is a search feature that might answer some questions.

But anytime I can help then all you got to do is email me and if I can't then im sure I can find someone that can.

My email address is above.

foggy!

5. bkms

bkms Member

Skeet, welcome aboard also. You will get ribbed over being a skeet shooter, i wont rib ya as i am an ex skeet shooter and my dad was a skeet world champ. I myself shoot sporting clays now. Alot of good info here and many helpful people if you have questions. I have met some in person and got to shoot with them. I even got to see and hold the Cole gun, NICE!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy, Bob in Mississippi....... P.S. be forewarned, if you post a picture, the first one has to be a boat.

6. skeet100

skeet100 Member

Here is the one I want..............

7. calilori

calilori TS Member

Welcome. I've been here for almost one year exactly and I was welcomed with open arms. I have made some lifelong friends through this board. You came to a good place!

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

See what happens when you grow up. You stop your girly ways and pick up a mans sport. Welcome to the site and the sport.

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Welcome

regards from Iowa

Gene

10. calilori

calilori TS Member

Hey Gene, When are you coming back to California? I've been hungry for that spaghetti again!!!

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Welcome aboard. John

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Skeet100, there are many here that focus on trap but dabble in skeet; kind of the opposite of you. I'm one of those and really like the sporting events as well. You certainly are welcome here but you must be willing to take some ribbing from the trap-only crowd. It really is in fun and I'm sure you can both learn and help folks from your experience....breakemall....Bob Dodd

13. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

skeet100

Welcome, you will see some weirdos shooting their mouth but mostly, Thank God, well behaved trap shooters.

Regards,

Berettaman7

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lori would love to come and shoot there for about a month--- at least the weather would be nice-- now I just need someone rich to pay for that

lol

regards to all shooters, new and not so new

Gene

15. dverna

dverna Active Member

Welcome!!!!

I have been active on TS for just over a year and yes a thick skin is sometimes needed. In person, (and I have fortunate to meet many of them), most of the guys/gals are great people as most shooters are.

There are some guys here who really know what they are talking about and some idiots. You will learn who to heed over time.

One warning, DO NOT follow load advice posted here - check the on line manuals to verify a recipe.

Now for the important questions;
    Do you shoot 7 1/2's or 8's; 1 oz or 1 1/8 oz? LOL

Don

16. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Welcome!! I have shot skeet only one time and that was with my 870 pump. Got all the doubles but missed some of the singles. My bag is Trap 16's & Handycap. Agqain Welcome and!! Keep Shooting Straight!!! Rich.(inPeoria, Az.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.