1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Shooter Handicap Yardage Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GoldEx, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Looking at the current ATA rule book, I have a few questions regarding assigned yardage for new male shooters. My son just turned 15 last week, so, based on the information contained in Section VI, Paragraph C Item #2, He was moved to the 20 yard line. Question is, moved when? He was already on the 20 yard line as of last year when he joined the ATA. He has never shot a registered handicap target and was assigned to the 20 upon joining the ATA. There are other kids on our AIM team in the same situation. They are under 15 years old, joined the ATA 2 years ago and are assigned to the 20, and not due to being punched there. Some of these shooters have shot handicap targets from 20 yards. New shooters joining this year have been assigned to the 19. Why? Can these other shooters who have not reached their 15th birthday be moved back to the 19 without any kind of reduction or target review?

Jeff

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The ATA just recently made the yardage shorter than the 20 yard line. In the past, everyone started and stayed at the 20 until they got a punch. But now you can be reduced to the 19 if you want. The ATA computer system will periodically analyze his scores and if he's not shooting well from the 20 will ask if he would like to be reduced to the 19. But if you want him reduced now, I believe you can request it by contacting the ATA.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Contact your Delegate or CHC member to get their yardage changed.

Alternatively, you can contact Kathy Key and she'll contact your Delegate and CHC member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.