1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Shoot Year

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ron S/IL, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

I have a question about the target year. I understand that next year, 2008, the target year will end, at the end of October. Does this mean that the targets between the end of the Grand and the end of October will not count for the 2009 Grand? Or did I missunderstand this. Also if my understanding is correct, what does this do to the shoots during this time frame. Thanks, Ron

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ron- You did understand the change and your last question remains to be determined. I do think it is reasonable to say that it will not help the shoots in Sept.-Oct.

Pat Ireland

3. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

I don't understand all the talk about the target year and The Grand. What's the percentage of ATA shooters that attend The Grand in a given tear? Maybe 10-15 percent? Of the 6 years that I've been shooting, I only know about 5 folks who have ever gone. Most shoot the local and state shoots in the area and sometimes the Hogans. I'm lucky to live in the Mid-Atlantic where we can shoot from April-October in good (but sometimes hot) weather. I don't care when the target year ends. I just go to the shoots that I can fit in.

Just my thoughts.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

shoot-at-em- You don't go to the Grand but what about your state shoot in June? How many months will you have to get the minimum targets in 2008?

Pat Ireland

5. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Pat,
    Most shoot programs state "x" number of targets in the current or previous year so its really not a problem. The targets that I shot at the VA State shoot this year counts towards the MD and DE shoots next year. I shoot about 3 to 4 thousand targets a year so its obvious that I don't spend every weekend at a shoot. It just struck me as interesting that folks would complain about the target year change and how it relates to The Grand when a clear minority of shooters ever attend. Maybe I'm just looking at this the wrong way.

Frank

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Ron's post as written wasn't a complaint but a simple and relevant question. Those of us who like to make the Grand will get our targets in.

It'll be interesting to see what if any impact the target year change will have on shoots between Aug and the end of Oct.

Guy Babin

7. Ron S/IL

Ron S/IL TS Member

shoot-at-em,

I am not complaining about the shoot year. I am trying to educate myself to what effect, if any, a change in the shoot year would have. I have heard valid comments for changing or not changing the year.

I live in Sparta. We have been blessed with a wonderfull complex. I along with my partner are trying to promote shooting sports at this complex. We do deal with the Grand as an issue because it is here. I've shot at the grand more than any other registered shoot. While I have only shot the singles events, I know other people want to shoot events where the target year counts.

I feel like September is a good shooting month and I hate to se it diminished by a change in shoot year. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.