1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New shells only for Handicap events only @ Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jamnss, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Not sure how new this...

Mandatory Shells at the 2010 Grand American only for the Handicap Events
    After careful consideration of their members concerns and indepth discussions with the ATA Board of Directors, the Executive Committee of the ATA has decided to require new shells only for the handicap events during the 2010 Grand American. Any ATA conforming shells, including reloads, may be used for singles and doubles. The shells for the handicap events may be purchased anywhere. Failure to use new ATA conforming shells for the handicap events will result in disqualification from the event.

There will be a shell house at the Grand providing a wide variety of new shells. It will operate as it has for the past four years in Sparta with competitive prices and credit card payment availability.

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

That topic has had this site on fire for the last couple of weeks. That was the extinguisher.

3. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

I feel it was a great and smart choice made by ATA Board of Directors, the Executive Committee.

4. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Sorry did not see this post above.

5. guerini

guerini TS Member

Great idea, now I can shoot a little more.... Most HDCP shooters shoot new shells at the grand anyways I always do...

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I still think this is one step too far, but at least agreeable. They should have just required new shells to be eligible for $100K and that's it. Others can shoot reloads, but will not be eligible to win the prize money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.