1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New shells for the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by School Teacher, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

My understanding is that it is required to shoot new shells for all handicap events at the Grand. I have no problem with this.

My question is do I have to buy the new shells from the shell house. I have three or four flats of unopened shells that I bought at the shell house at last years Grand. However, I no longer have the receipt.

Can I use these shells which are 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8oz. 7 1/2's and 8's?

Ed Ward

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The new shells for the handicaps can be bought anywhere.

The shells you have will be fine.

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

What V10 said.

Buz

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information.

Ed Ward

5. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

New shells are not required to shoot the handicaps unless you want to be in the hunt for the $100,000. shoot off.

That said, at the biggest shoot of the year, I will shoot the new ones at handicap.

ed.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

HT: According to ATA release, ALL participants must use factory ammunition for ALL handicap events.

"Failure to use new ATA conforming shells for the handicap events will result in disqualification from the event"

7. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

"ATA conforming shells" does not exclude reloads that meet ATA criteria.

Using ATA conforming reloads for handicap events and winning any said event WILL disqualify for the 100k shoot-off, but not from winning the qualifying event itself.

While not stated anywhere (yet), using reloads for program hcp events should not disqualify from being the lucky 10th shooter drawn as long as he/she uses store-bought for the 100k shoot off itself.

My opinion is not sanctioned nor ratified by anything beyond my understanding and common sense (or lack thereof)

Guy Babin

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Guy -

I think you should read this again . . .

"Failure to use new ATA conforming shells for the handicap events will result in disqualification from the event"

Using ATA conforming reloads WILL disqualify you from winning the event. Note the word "new" in the rule included above. They have to be new, and they have to be ATA conforming.

Scott

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks Scott.

Good point, I stand corrected. I gotta learn how to read gooder!

New shells for everyone. Can I add a clause that stipulates that all of my competitors must use new 1oz #9s???

Guy B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.