1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New shells at 2011 Grand American

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oneidcharlie, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

Has anyone read the minutes of the last EC meeting where as there was a mention of having to shoot new shells for all of the 2011 Grand American. Charlie

2. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

yes and birds for $31.00 per 100

3. Butler

Butler TS Member

everyone needs to realize that the ATA has no income at the grand except for targets, and I think the economy has hurt almost everybody including the ATA

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Butler, how Democratic of you to make such an observation! My Oh My. Jake

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Link to the minutes?

6. over/under

over/under Member

Is that $31.00 for targets plus $3.00 per event?

7. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Is that new shell mandatory or just talk?

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Does not the ATA receive payment from camping fees, vendors and concessions or do those monies go to the State of Illinois?

Ed Ward

11. missed some

missed some TS Member

and when the GRAND was in Vandalia and it was mandatory, never a word spoken.......knew they shoulda kept it that way. I know why they didn't , just too bad. It doesn't add that much more cost, but in a minute you will hear stories that will raise your hair, people will talk like the "difference" will add up to years of car paymennts or whatever, but right now there ain't anybody reloading very cheaply if they are buying components now. and if the few hundred dollars difference does take food off your table, you probably should not be shooting anyway. let er fly

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Gary,

The increase in target fees is on page 13 of the Dec10 minutes:

"President Wagner then discussed the need to raise entry fee for the 2011 Grand American.

Subsequent to further discussion and review and upon motion of Vice President Radway with the second of Vice President Roush, and following the President’s call of the question, with no further response or comment, it was unanimously:

RESOLVED to raise the entry fee for targets at the 2011 Grand American Trapshooting Tournament to $31.00 per hundred targets."

And, yes, "over/under", the $3/event IDNR fee will be in addition to the $31/100 target fee.

This increase amounts to an increase of $24 if you shoot the entire Grand American (Preliminary Week plus Grand Week.)

13. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

$24.00?

At current prices, that's about 5.5 - 6 gallons of gasoline.

Or, maybe a dinner for 2 at a small restaurant or pizza/Italian place. OR, maybe some beverages of an alcoholic nature? Hmmmmmm?

Wouldn't stop me from shooting the Grand. Maybe it'd stop some folks, but not me, assuming my health is good.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

14. over/under

over/under Member

Missed some, why did they ever change the new shell policy?

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its not that hard to figure out why the ATA decided to allow reloads to be shot at the Grand. Many including myself love that option but i think it failed in what they were trying to achieve.

16. zinger

zinger Member

What about the increase in camping fees now that they took it over from IDNR?

17. B-Rod

B-Rod Member

If the ATA is hurting for money then why don't they sell pull tabs or have auctions on items or something of that nature. Second maybe we should look into the salaries of individuals and see if we are getting our money's worth out of those folks. In other words a cost analysis of personel.
    If you look at the attendance for the past few years it shows a steady decline in shooters. We need to change something. BR

18. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

School Teacher,

The money from camping fees has gone to the state of Illinois and they handeled all the arrangements.

Starting this year for some reason, the ATA is handling the camping reservations and appartently have increased the fees on the annual sites.
    Guess this will allow them to receive a cut of the proceeds.
    Last time i checked there was no information on the web site.

I wouldn't have known about the change if it hadn't been mentioned on ts.com.

ed.

19. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Are you up to carrying four boxes of 1 1/8 loads, or will I have to drop down to 7/8 loads? Can I put my water bottle in the bag?

ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.