1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Shell Holding System! Updated price

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Advsporttech.com, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advsporttech.com

Advsporttech.com TS Member

0   0   0

A new system for holding your shells. The TS25 shell holder holds the shells firmly to keep them from bouncing around. Never again worry about losing count of shots fired and keep your eyes on the target, not your ammo. Machined from 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum to exacting standards and tolerances. Each TS25 shell holder holds 25 rounds and the TS2 holds 2 extra to the line. The holder clips to your belt using a steel clip secured with 303 stainless rivets. Proudly made in the U.S.A. A full kit includes 4 TS25's, 1 TS2 and a carry case. Colors are Gold, Green, Blue, Black and Red. The case colors are Black with Red, Blue or Green and Grey with Black or Pink.
    $175.00 full kit plus tax (NY only) all major credit cards and paypal accepted.
    Thanks for looking,
    Advanced Sporting Technologies, Inc.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Well, as this is a discussion site, I'll go ahead and say it: I can't think of a shotgun sport in which this would be practical. Not trap, that's for sure. In a 300-bird shoot, one wouldn't want to screw around and empty a box and load it into the holder between every round.

Probably the same for skeet. Maybe sporting?? It's a neat idea...but someone tell me when/where this would be a real help. And how do you attach it to yourself? On your belt?? Naw, that doesn't look right.

I don't understand it, I guess.

3. stogie

stogie TS Member

0   0   0

This is a great shell holder system in that you can carry 100 in the holders that it comes with. As a reloader I reload and place in extra holders which are ready to go. The bag is large and strong and the holders will give you many years of use. I highly reccomend this product.

4. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

0   0   0

But Stogie, what do you _DO_with it?? Load it up, take it to the trap, unload 25 to put in your pocket??

You sure don't take it to the line, set it on the ground and bend over 100 times in the singles...go back and load 100 shells into the holder...take it to the line and bend over 100 times (you get the idea.)

While it looks neat, I just don't get how/when you'd use it. I'm just trying to understand.

Why is this better than a 4-box carrier, take a box out and dump it in your vest pocket or slip it into the box holder on your belt?

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think it is really well designed system and looks to be very sturdy. As it is a large aluminum piece hanging from your side, I think you would have to be very mindful as to not scratch your gun on the shell holder. I just think it fixes a problem that didn't exist. I mean it takes literally 30 seconds or less to drop a full box of shells in my leather box holder or any of the other single box holders that have been around forever. The way the box is loaded in a conventional box holder like mine, there is 5 shells per row taking the counting worry out.

[​IMG]

Your system does offer someone another option. I wish you good luck. I hope you sell a million and prove us wrong.

6. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

0   0   0

It looks like a 225 dollar answer to a non existent problem.

7. cnsane

cnsane Member

0   0   0

Excellent idea for league shooting, where we only shoot a round at a time. But seems a little pricey for the masses. I realize it's built to a quality standard instead of a price point, but this wally world society we live in doesn't care about quality anymore. Injection molding with a cheesy clip instead of a bag might generate huge sales. And does one TS2 hold two shells or do you need two TS2's.

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

How about a picture with it holding the shells. HMB

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I think price is the main issue with this system. Even though it looks very high quality, I think trapshooters are looking to spend that kind of money elsewhere. IMO. Jon

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It looks very well built but I fail to see its improvement over my leather box holder. With shells stacked 5 in a row in a shotshell box, I have never had a problem knowing how many shots I had left per post. I hope I am dead wrong and you sell thousands.
    [​IMG]

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

0   0   0

Actually a pretty good idea for guys like me who do not box ammo. I reload into 5 gallon pails and use the Shell Caddy system and box as I need them. This would be even easier and take lass space.

cnsane is correct. Make it an injection molded product with a price point of $4-5 per unit ($20-25 for 4) and it makes sense. Very small market at $225. Add a way to attach a hull bag.

I may machine one up out of HDPE to see how it works. I used to be in the injection molding business and this could be made out of two pieces so a simple open/shut mold would work; otherwise a more complex (read as costly) mold will be needed for the lipped "storage columns".

I like the benefits of no lost shells from walking around or bending over. Or does that only happen to me?

Don Verna

I see no downside to having to load up four of these things for a 100 bird event but I will be in the minority as most shooters still box shells and carry flats.

Don Verna

12. lwr_

lwr_ Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Wow, I can buy four flats of shells and a Bob Allen double pocket shell bag with an empties pouch for $225.00.

[​IMG]

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Nice but pricey. I can put shells in my vest fast then they could load that holder after the first round. You would need 4 of those if shooting 16's or Hc. $225.00 X 4 = $900.00

14. Advsporttech.com

0   0   0

The price is $225.00 for 4 25 shot shell holders, 1 2 shell holder and a carry case. As much as I stand behind our product even I wouldn't pay $225 for 1 shell holder. So in essence you will have 100 shells and 2 extra and a case to carry them all in.

To answer some of the other questions, yes I will put more and better pictures up as soon as possible.

It clips to your belt. In a modified 50 format, you can carry 50 to the line without worry of picking your shell box off the ground after someone accidentally kicked it over and holding up the squad while you fiddle with your shell holder.

15. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

the phrase goes like this...."a solution looking for a problem." ...or "something for those who have everything and want to try something new." Note, new is not always better.

I keep it simple and place a box of 25 in a shell bag, and pull one at a time. Thus there are 5 already in row, and five rows. Five for each station so this wont work for me.

However, kudos to ADVSPORTECH for "thinking out of the box!"

16. Advsporttech.com

0   0   0

Sorry, I was cut off in the middle of typing before. The TS2 shell holder holds 2 shells for your 2 " failure to fire's " per sub event.

One of the problems with other shell holders is they wear out. I know from personal experience. Our product is guaranteed for life on the machined parts (shell holder and rivet) made in our factory against manufacturing defects. If the rivet gives way, send it back and we will repair it. If the aluminum cracks under normal use, we replace it. Simple as that.

We are not trying to sell you something that you will have to replace in weeks, months or years.

Thank you all for looking and coments made.

Advanced Sporting Technologies, Inc.

17. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

0   0   0

What's the cost of a single unit, without bag or other add-ons? I would assume about $40 or so. I would be interested in a single unit, but not the full system....cua

18. Advsporttech.com

0   0   0

New photo added!

19. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

20. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

0   0   0

Gay? What's gay about it?