1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Senator for NY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tj303, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

From the website of the new Senator from NY, Kristen Gillibrand. Let's hope she means and supports what she says.

"I, like many natives of Upstate New York, grew up in a hunting family and own a gun. I learned at an early age how to safely handle a gun and I believe that every law-abiding citizen should always have the right to own arms.

The Second Amendment of the Constitution prohibits the federal government from denying law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms. And I intend to uphold this right through my votes and actions in Congress.

In September of 2007, I introduced a resolution to make Hunting and Fishing Day - the 4th Saturday in September - a nationally recognized holiday. I have also cosponsored a resolution to recognize hunters for their continued commitment to safety.

In Congress I have also sponsored measures to protect and open up more federal land for conservation programs that will promote and allow hunters and fishermen to enjoy their passion for the outdoors.

However, I also believe that we must do more to enforce of current laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and persons with violent mental instability. Keeping our streets and communities safe is important to all of us, and lawbreakers need to know that they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if they illegally seek to own or possess weapons.

That is why I supported the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Act (HR 2640) to provide incentives to states to update the Brady background check system to ensure that current laws are upheld as efficiently as possible. This was a common sense - bipartisan bill that was supported by the National Rifle Association (NRA) and The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "

http://www.gillibrand.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=137&Itemid=42

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Holy Gunpowder Batman...a Democrat that believes in our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Kinda refreshing!!

Curt

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Finally some good news for New York excluding the "fat tax of 45 cents per 12 pack of soda".... I'm joking on the second part of the preceding statement. I understand she is from upstate New York and has a "A" rating by the NRA. See, even conservatives will be objective to appointees if they have some of our values. Darrell

4. tj303

tj303 Member

" She is a member of the Blue Dog Coalition, a group of congressional Democrats who hold more conservative views than their liberal Democratic counterparts.

She is an outspoken advocate for gun rights, and she supports an extension of the Bush tax cuts. She has been endorsed by the National Rifle Association."

"She was one of dozens of Democrats who joined House Republicans in voting against the Bush administration's $700 billion bailout of the financial industry in October, arguing the plan lacked proper oversight."

Quotes from CNN.com

I am so happy I am going to leave work early and shoot some targets to celebrate!
    TJ

5. JCS

JCS TS Member

Holy MERDE is right

looks like somebody really pissed off the accidental Governor (proves that even a blind chicken can find a worm occasionally)

The only way he could have topped that ,had he made Sarah Palin an honorary Citizen of NY and appointed HER . LOL

I can't wait to see what happens after the smoke clears .Lol

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Things are finally looking up in the state of NY :D

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Great news. Her website reads like she is a true conservative. Democrat or Republican we will take them. If she is as advertised, get behind her New York so she can win reelection when the time comes.

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This'll put Shumar's pantyhose in a huge knot!!

Curt

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Must be true , C. Kennedy says because of Gillibrands stance on Guns She may run in two years. Jeff

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This explains a lot to me.

She was sort of gettin dissed by CNN in a bit about the Camelot C**t quitting before she was rejected, and now I know why.

Happy to see it. Now if we can just bomb Madison, Milwaukee, and Racine county we might be able to fix another state.

HM

11. GRR

GRR TS Member

AMEN halfmile Also ARCORN is located in Milwaukee or is it their Headquarters. Make sure you put one in their trash can. GRR

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Actually, most of the dems in Southern Illinois receive "a" ratings from the NRA. Hard to believe, but true. Sorrowfully not so in Central Ill. and Chitown. Too bad we can't become our own state. We could call it "New U.S."

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

What a pleasant surprise, congratulations, didn't know New York had a gun rights politician...Bill

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Sounds great! Hope she stays true, and doesn't let the other jackass senator from NY - Up Chuck Schumer lead her astray.

15. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Unexpected good news from New York,...........

John C. Saubak

16. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Is this an early April Fool's joke? I can't believe that the Democratic governor of NY (Paterson or whatever) would appoint such a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and (apparently) a strong fiscal conservative as well.

Easystreet

17. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I thought Patterson was a good guy before. He has overcome some tough obstacles in life and now he does something I can agree with? How about a run for President for this guy! Might be the first time some people would vote accross the line?

I had a hard time believing she was picked and I hope she continues in the office past the next election.

18. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like the new Senator appointee has already fallen into the mold of the liberal democrats. She now says she will work for citizenship for illegals, supports gay marriage and will evolve on gun control too. That didn't take long.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Can't

Understand

Normal

Thinking

HM

20. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

And her replacement in NY is another Dem tax cheat.

National Republican Congressional Committee blasted Scott Murphy for his start-up company’s failure to pay $21,000 in taxes on time, and still owes for a smaller sum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.