1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Sealt Belt Law and a good one this time

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by foghorn220, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok in the past I haven't been a 100% seat belt wearer but if I go in to outerspace I think I will wear them whenever im requried to wear them.

Especially when im going to take a dump!!

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/videos/people/ShootingStars-Explained.flv">

Ok anyone else seen any of them shooting stars that looked a little funny looking.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Great video...

Having been a Delaware Trooper for 30+ years and investigating numerous (many more than I'd like to recall) fatal auto accidents, I'd have to say that if a person doesn't wear a restraint system, then they are very foolish.

Remember: A wrinkle in your clothes is better than a wrinkle in your nose!!

Curt

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I don't wear seat belts. The government has no place FORCING their ways on the people. It's my life, if I choose to end it sooner, that is noone's problem but mine.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hippie,

Fine you do what you want but try explaining your position to the cop that pulls you over for not wearing it. Where I live it's $115 ticket for not wearing a seat belt. Cheaper to comply with the regs.

Eric

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I have a flash for you Hippie. You have no "Right" to operate a motor vehicle on public roads. It is "Privilege" that allows you to do so since the state has imminent domain of said roadways. Giving you that privilege allows the state to tell you precisely how you will do it.

Buz

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Hippie I agree with you. Do what you want and let the fines go to the devil.:) Where I live the fines or at least they were 55 for a seatbelt fine.That Was ten years ago don't know what they are now. I had a state trooper sargent tell me and a group of boys on our bikes back in 64 that he had never in 29 years cut a dead person out of a seat belt. We had asked him what he thought about the new in 63 or 64 seatbelt law to take effect in Illinois. Be carefull out there we are having black ice where the snow has blown accross the road on the interstates where I live. Dan

7. trapshootin hippie

Buz, you are correct in that I have a privilege and not a right to use the roads, I also have the right to decide for myself whether or not I want to wear a seatbelt. When the day comes that I get a ticket for not wearing one, I just tell the judge that I have no money for the fine. Then they will have me do a couple days of community service and all is forgiven. They won't put ya in jail to lay out the fine, as I have already been told by the judge that jail is not an option.

A lot of you people may not agree with me, but when the seatbelt law was crammed down the publics throat as being "we are just looking out for what's best for you", that is when the government began controlling our lives. Since that day, they haven't given up, and no end is in sight.

Gne J

8. Joe O

Joe O Member

As a professional Fire Fighter for 27 years I've done my share of extrication at vehicle accidents. This much I can tell you. The way cars are built now if you have a seat belt on with your air bags you have an unbelievable chance of walking away from accidents nowdays. They had a little item on the news a few weeks ago where they compared a 1960 car with a 2010 in a headon crash test and the difference was remarkable. The new cars are designed to crush and protect the passenger compartment unlike the old cars. Its such a simple thing, I sure want my family wearing them. If you care about them, buckle them up. This is a no-brainer folks.
    Joe O

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

I never could understand not wearing a seat belt. Ever see a race car without a harness?

Old Shooter, you are probably a GOF (Grumpy Old Fart). For a moment, picture your granddaughter in your car. To impress you, and get your approval, she mimics your "right" and does not wear her seat belt. You have a head on collision and she dies.

Think about it. The life you save may be worth something.

Don Verna

10. trapshootin hippie

Now, Vern has the right idea.

Gne J

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sorry guys, I'm on the hippies side. Haven't worn a seatbelt in 45 years of driving-except on rare occasions when conditions are dicey. Never had an accident in those 45 years-ever. I'm like hippie, I consider fines a government money generating machine and a tax on my behavior. The government never sees a fine it doesn't like. Fines used to be around $15-now around $75 and rising. Was anyone here asked if fines should be raised?

Go ahead people, let the government fine you to death and you won't have to worry about dieing in an accident-starvation or living under the bridge will be next. Last time I was stopped for speeding I also paid a no seat belt fine. I informed that kid(cop), I don't wear seat belts and never will. Ticket me and I'll be on my way! Paid the fine-so be it!!

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I don't wear a seat belt because the government tells me I must.

I wear a seat belt because I'd be a flaming idiot if I didn't.

13. oleolliedawg

OK, maybe when motorcycle enthusiasts wear theirs-I'll wear mine!!

14. trapshootin hippie

ollieoledawg, heck they don't even hafta wear helmets.

15. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I have nothing against wearing seat belts but in my state if you are on a motorcycle you don't have to wear a helmet or any kind of saftey device--this sort of ticks me off, they are also on a public road in a motor vehicle,

Trap-4

16. trapshootin hippie

Trap-4. you know why that might be? Cause when the legislators think about passing a helmet law, you know what the bikers are doing???? They are at the state capitol raising 9 kinds of hell and lobbying to get the bill killed. The same thing that automobile drivers should have been doing. But, they are too busy with other things. So now they fuss cause they have to wear belts and the bikers go topless.

17. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Oleo -

Let me make sure I understand this . . .

You don't like the government fining you to death - so your answer to that is to not follow the rules so you have to pay fines. Yep, that'll show 'em!

BTW, my reason for wearing one is the same as timb99. Didn't grow up wearing one, when I was just out of college I was driving home late one night, about 2 am (stone sober) and it was raining - something told me to put my seat belt on. About 15 minutes later I was nearly stopped for a light when I got hit by a guy going 40-50 mph.

Scott

18. trapshootin hippie

Scott, sounds as though YOU made a good decision. Not BIG BROTHER telling you that you have to wear it "or else". I still say it should be the individuals choice. Course, people like to be told what to do, that's why we are losing more of our freedoms daily.

Gne J

19. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Been in ONE wreck not my fault. But enough to realize the seat belt works. I am still here thanks to a buckled seat belt.

Do what you want nature will thin out the gene pool only I won't help it along.

Rock

Jim

20. oleolliedawg

Let's see, I shoot a K-80, my wife shoots a K-80, my kid shoots a K-80 and my three year old has one waiting for him when he's old enough. We've seen a number of K-80's blow up along with more than a few other guns. Some pretty serious injuries were the result. When "big daddy" mandates helmets and body armor while shooting for our "protection" I'm sure many of you "compliers" will be eager to pay a fine for non-compliance.

Come and fine me!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.