1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Scam

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Got a new scam e-mail. Haven't seen this one before. Don't know anybody named Kim Stephens, by the way.

Hello ,

it's Kim

If you have an account at online auction please respond I have a very attractive business offer to you. It concerns selling goods for which I have 50% discount because I work at the manufacture and as employees we can buy goods at cost price. Everything will be clear.

You'll get 15-20% from winning bid. We can test with one-two product maybe.

For more details please contact directly to me :

posewaephens@gmail.com

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you!

Kim Stephens

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Oh, also, the message subject was "It's KIM! This is my 3nd email!"

Like that "3nd"

Nice grasp of the English language.

3. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

There is a Kim and John Stephens who live in Pasco, Wa. Both trapshooters and quite well known in the Northwest.

Booger

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

She's the pres. of the WA state association, no?....Bob Dodd

Add. I mean the one Booger mentioned. That doesn't mean it's not a scam and coincidental name....BD

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the name is just a coincidence.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Perhaps you're wondering what the scam is. You may actually get the 15-205 commission-in fact you probably will.

But when the winning bidder who got the counterfeit merchandise shows up at your door, Kim will be safely somewhere the other side of the world.

This scam was revealed on (I think) 60 minutes about a year ago.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Drew: Assuming that the Kim IS the person you think it is, and not a name used by someone in another country who is shipping counterfeit goods; are you saying that it is ethical to sell products you can get from your employer at an employee discount, and then compete with them by selling those products on e-bay?

You have an interesting code of ethics.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Dickgtax, it was Dateline. A very good scam along with fake Visa's. Contact Google and send the webmaster the email. Google just got slapped on the hands about taking off a website dealing with the corruption in the UN. They had to put it back up.

Jerbear... wanna buy a fork? <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Gifs/?action=view&current=hillarys_coat.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is possible that the e-mail is from Kim Che Ling who is doing business as Kim Stephens. I get telephone solicitations from individuals who have a heavy accent and I think they are from India, but there name is always John or Bill.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.