1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New S&W .410 Revolver

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

[​IMG]

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I think the S&W engineers ought to put all of their intellect into figuring out how to produce a revolver without an ugly freaking lock hole on the side.... It once was done, but I guess those guys all retired... LOL And yes I am being sarcastic, I know special ordered smiths can be had without the lock.

I am of the opinion that the smiths should come without the lock and have to be special ordered with the lock....

Some of the names those guys on the other site came up with made me laugh... The "Senator" the "Attorney" LOL... Good stuff, ugly gun...

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I don't think its that bad. I rather have any gun then a damn Taurus

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

First, Ruger started knocking off Kel-Tec designs.

Now, S&W is apparently chasing Taurus.

Looks like the preferences of the Mouth-Breathing Gun Buyer have finally won out.

5. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

looks ok to me i have some s&w's

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    S&W chasing Taurus isn't anything new. Long ago their Sigma copied the Glock.

7. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

We were talking about these guns the other day, this one, and "The Judge" Id never own one but why isnt this considered a sawed off shotgun? Barrel less than 18"

8. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Sarge75X,

Circuit Judge has a rifled barrel and its 18&1/2" so its a rifle.

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

It sure is "better looking" than the Taurus Judge.

10. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

If a gun is built as a handgun, and the barrel is rifled, there's no max or min barrel length required.

[​IMG]

"The (Ithaca) Auto & Burglar Gun was a U.S.-made factory-built handgun that was commercially manufactured by configuring a standard double-barrel shotgun with a pistol grip, at first engraving and later stamping "Auto & Burglar Gun" on each side of the frame, and shortening the barrels to about 10" to 12.2" in length....

Ithaca stopped manufacturing the Auto & Burglar Gun when it became subject to registration and a $200 transfer tax under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 (the transfer tax was reduced to $5 in 1960). Relatively few Auto & Burglar Guns were manufactured, and they are today highly prized as collector's items....While it is sometimes incorrectly identified as a "sawed-off shotgun," the Ithaca Auto & Burglar Gun is a smooth bore pistol which since 1934 has been classified as an "Any Other Weapon" (AOW)[3] under the NFA, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Auto & Burglar Guns that are not currently registered are contraband, and cannot be legally possessed or registered. The penalties for illegal possession include up to a $250,000 fine and 10 years in prison."

11. shaner

shaner Member

i think S&W is smart they know where the market is they are just always alittle behind getting things out, sort of like remington getting into the 1911 market they too jumped in the ar market

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

have you seen kel tec's pf410?

13. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Or Smith & Weston's .410 Double Trouble Autoloader?

[​IMG]

14. quartering

quartering Active Member

that's beautiful: no beaver tail, no bomar sights, no accessory rail. just a nice, clean, original colt 1911 410 o/u automatic. nicely done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

s&w 410 pistol for sale

s&w double trouble