1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new rules

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fishon, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishon

fishon TS Member

i here that they are going to change the targets settings for the ata in septemper the new settings will be 7 to 9 ft high at 10 yards thrown 60 yards with a 55 mph speed. i dont know why their thinking about doing this but someone sait the scores were getting too high. anyone else heard anthing on this

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Your sign on name says it all.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

and the bait is in the water ... ;-)

4. grammie

grammie TS Member

Actually,,,,ATA targets should be set in the #4 hole for singles,,,and #3 hole for handicap,,,with both being set at 10.5ft at 10yds,,and going at least 50 yds or about 44mph!!!!

I promise,,,,you would never see a D or C class shooter breaking 100 straight,,,,if you did,,,,what you would have is a "class sandbagger",,,a B class shooter breaking 100 straight would be rare,,and "then" you could say,,"they had a good day" without wanting to puke!!!

But,,,it would never happen!!!! Nobody wants tough targets anymore!!! They just want them hung in front of them,,to break them at will!!!!!

AKA Grammie..........

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

They should just change the machine to a wobble trap machine. ;-)))

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

HEY, if you really want to learn how to fish I have a class "LEARN HOW TO FISH ON TS.com 101". Its $1000.00 for the 6 week class. Please leave your email with what other schools you went to and I will see if your good enough for the class.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

It should be obvious that the ATA system of classifing and handicapping is broken!!!

No amount of "known ability" "target requirments" will fix it either,,,because they are not being paid attention too at all!!!

Tough targets are like many on this site saying "kill'um all,,let god sort'um out!!! Same thing,,,,,the "targets" alone should be doing the classifing and handicapping!!!!

But,,again,,,the "rules" are being disregarded by many,,many clubs!!! And they will throw what "their" customers want!!! If they don't fit into the ATA's idea of mandated target settings,,,,then tough!!!! They will throw want they want!!!! Anything to get a customer to come back!!!

That is the main reason why the "average shooter" does not have a chance at the Grand American,,,,they have been shooting soft targets all year long,,,and the moment a hot,high target appears,,,,they forget how to shoot!!! And that is why you have people that will CHEAT to be in D class!!!!! A yardage sandbagger for money is a differant animal!!!! One that should be exterminated,,,and could be if we had handicappers with integrity!!!!!!

AKA Grammie.........

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Grammie ... dont you know that the rules are not being disregarded but instead just being interpreted as to the way they want to do things. It is up to the interpretation of the rules as to what a club will do? Even Pat and Neil keep falling back to the statements of it is always up to interpretation which just go to show that we must learn to live with whatever a individual club desire to do and it does not really matter what the rule book might say depending on how they interpret the book.

Geez cant ya get it through your head? ;-)))))

9. grammie

grammie TS Member

You need to look and see what "IS" a legal target!!!!

Neil and Pat,,,are nothing more than people!!! I don't see a burning bush whenever they speak!!!!

Targets are to be set within strict minimums concerning distance,,height at a certain distance,,and so on....

The Grand American at times throws targets that were ILLEGAL!!!! A 55yd target in a head wind is ILLEGAL,,,as said target would go 60yds in still air!!!

Without strict target setting requirements,,,the ATA would be "bush league",,and the way things are right now,,,it is!!!! the "amatuer" covers a lot of ground!!! And has many meanings,,,,most of them are derogatory!!!

AKA Grammie.....

10. mastergunner

mastergunner TS Member

and you wonder why your membership declines. Go ahead make them harder if you want to run people away.

11. grammie

grammie TS Member

See,,,,that is exactly the problem!!! I guess then by your reasoning making them "easier" would boost attendance!!!!! I guess then,,,things should continue as is!!!! Loose 80% of all new shooters after the first year,,,and the death toll outnumbering those that stay!!! Thats a slow death for the sport!!! As you see it right now!!!!! What many don't understand is,,," the tougher the target,,the better the shooter you become!!!!

AKA Grammie............

12. grammie

grammie TS Member

The targets "HAVE" become easier!!!!! Then mastergunner,,,,,what is the excuse for dwindling numbers????????

AKA Grammie.........

13. grammie

grammie TS Member

But then again,,,,,without the bottom feeders,,,,there would be no reason to spend 30,000 chasing a Bass,,Because there wouldn't be any!!!!

Like your own rectum,,,,many think the brain controls the body,,,But let that bottom orfice get plugged,,,,,and the whole works comes to a "dead stop"...

AKA Grammie...........

14. noduck

noduck TS Member

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

16. fishon

fishon TS Member

unruly give me your address so i can send you the check

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.